What are YOU doing this weekend?

/ What are YOU doing this weekend? #22  
Those with a heart of gold will always be remembered that way. Sorry for your loss skyhook.

/ What are YOU doing this weekend? #23  
Ha! If you consider Labor Day weekend special, yes. :)

Thanks, I didn't realize it was Labor Day weekend.

Actually, it is special, but not in a good way. It means there will be no mail delivery so no newspaper, some places I might want to trade at will be closed, and there will be more tourists in town so there will be too much traffic if we wanted to got to town. So we will deal with it by staying home.

Terry

/ What are YOU doing this weekend?
   / What are YOU doing this weekend? #25  
Just found out I'll be working monday...

/ What are YOU doing this weekend? #27  
So sorry for your loss skyhook.

My wife and I will be busy. Lots of dogs to watch this weekend.

/ What are YOU doing this weekend? #28  
We just moved into our new house in a much more rural part of Vermont, and the bathroom is not quite finished. I see painting in my future! Other than that, playing with my dogs, meeting our new neighbors...oh, and putting my new John Deere 4044R cab through its paces! :)

/ What are YOU doing this weekend? #29  
Skyhook, my heart goes out to you! I pray for you and your family. Remember her always and you will find that her spirit is with you. Peace be with you.

Scott

/ What are YOU doing this weekend?
Hey GreenYellow, I am about 12 miles south of West Monroe. We've had 1/4 inch of rain at my place in two months! I see you are at Texarkana and I think y'all are just as dry?
I have a stout, but very rusty chain I found down near the woods that one of my sons lost a few years ago. I'm going to drag it on the gravel road a while to "sandblast" it and get in a few minutes of seat time. I'll wear a dust mask so maybe I won't need a breathing treatment later! BTW, Monday is my birthday and I was born on Labor day too! Have a great weekend!
Scott

You're just through the woods from where I'm headed to. I'll be spending the weekend just a little north of you, just a few miles across the state line in AR. Yes, we're pretty dry in Texarkana, but not quite as dry as you. The grass was completely crunchy for 3-4 weeks, but we got enough rain 2 weeks ago to green it up again. They're calling it a "flash drought". The lakes and rivers are still at flood stage from the horrific spring rains, but its been so hot and dry lately, the ground is just parched. We went from 45" of rain in the spring, to just in inch or 2 all summer.