New set of Pallet forks for the B2650.

/ New set of Pallet forks for the B2650. #1  

Porchfan

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B2650 HSD, 2020 BX2380, JD LX-277 lawn tractor 2000
Picked up a set of light duty (2200lb) 42inch pallet forks from Everything Attachments. Here's the link to the pallet forks: Small Compact Tractor and Mini Skid Steer Pallet ForksTheir facility is only an hour from where I live so I drove over their and they loaded me up. These forks weigh only 238 pounds. After a week of use and can honestly say these things are awesome. I should have bought these a year ago. What a productiviy enhancer. THis week I used it mostly to pick up logs, stumps and lumber after having my local sawer come out to the property and mill a few poplars, ash and oaks. Check the size of the butt of this poplar (36-38 inches, Estimated weight ~ 800 lbs) IMG_4266.jpg.

/ New set of Pallet forks for the B2650. #2  
Looks great. I've been scrounging material to build a set of forks and a boom pole for the 3 point. (i don't have a FEL) I already have many uses in mind.

I like the way you're "testing" it by holding it over your chainsaw. :)

/ New set of Pallet forks for the B2650.
lol... Yeah I guess I did put the saw under the forks. Would have been pretty bad if that butt had dropped.
I was careful to keep it low when I moved it to our log pile. On the three point, you will probably have more lift capacity than with a FEL.
I like it on the front. Easy to see and operate. You just need to be careful to balance the load evenly and run it low and slow

/ New set of Pallet forks for the B2650. #4  
My tractor is a little smaller than yours, but yes, I think lifting capacity should be pretty good. I keep about 300 lb of ballast on the front and can add more when needed. My rear-mounted finish mower weighs 800 lb, and it handles it like a dream with the ballast. Without the ballast, the front tires do more sliding than steering when the mower is lifted.

I would love to have a FEL, but I'm not feeling the extra $ to add one right now... I can do what I need with the 3 point -- just not as conveniently.

Congrats on the new toy. Looks great.