Would this be ok

/ Would this be ok #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Thinking about new tractor my bush hog I just bought only 4 ft tractor 5 inch wider tires push down grass any way see what I'm getting at...
Snowblower a 54 tractor 53 add wings??
Your thoughtsplease

/ Would this be ok #2  
My brush hog is 5', my tires are about 6' to the outside, sure it mashes the grass down, but on the hills I have, I'll take the added side-hill stability over a narrow wheel track any day.

/ Would this be ok #3  
Mowers work best wider than wheel tracks. they will make the flattened grass stand up and some will be cut.

/ Would this be ok
Any way to practically offset the mower slightly when I hook up and mow one way??and does any one have any pics of added wings on their snow blower?

/ Would this be ok #5  
Any way to practically offset the mower slightly when I hook up and mow one way???

I have my tires set as wide as possible because of our hilly terrain, so my rotary cutter does not cover the wheel tracks like you report. I pull the cutter to one side by adjusting the sway links to the max. The result is the cutter covers the tire track on one side, so I drive so that side is in the uncut area. The only time that tire runs in uncut grass is the first pass.

Terry

/ Would this be ok #6  
sell the 4' and get a 5' cutter

/ Would this be ok #7  
Thinking about new tractor my bush hog I just bought only 4 ft tractor 5 inch wider tires push down grass any way see what I'm getting at...
Your thoughtsplease

Having the blower a little narrow than the tires is not a big deal. In your case only 1/2" per side.
Mine was about 4" per side and I found the tires got a better bite in the unblown snow.
You can always add a small wing if you find you really need it.
Just be certain the blower and particularly the gear box is rated for the horsepower you have.
Dave M7040

/ Would this be ok #9  
Your thoughtsplease

Your Provonost is 54" so with a 53" wheel width that's fine - you can add wings if you decide you need to later. For the mower you can offset the 3PT by maybe 3" to cover one wheel track for the short term. I agree a larger brush hog would be best.

If I were you since there are only a few weeks of grass cutting left this year, keep the 4' unit this year and next year sell it and buy a larger one - its harder to sell in the fall I would imagine.

IT seems all your other implements will work with the B3350 you are getting? Was the price of $25K for the B3350/B77 BH with your BX in trade? That seems like a decent price package..

/ Would this be ok
Your Provonost is 54" so with a 53" wheel width that's fine - you can add wings if you decide you need to later. For the mower you can offset the 3PT by maybe 3" to cover one wheel track for the short term. I agree a larger brush hog would be best. If I were you since there are only a few weeks of grass cutting left this year, keep the 4' unit this year and next year sell it and buy a larger one - its harder to sell in the fall I would imagine. IT seems all your other implements will work with the B3350 you are getting? Was the price of $25K for the B3350/B77 BH with your BX in trade? That seems like a decent price package..
Price was without trade my wife and I are actually considering keeping the bx and buying the new one it depends on how many thousands to fix kind of foolish owning two hoes though