John Deere hydraulics wouldn't work.

/ John Deere hydraulics wouldn't work. #1  

Mace Canute

Elite Member
At least that's what my buddy thought when he hooked up the 3010 to the cultivator. Normally he's always used the R or the 70 on anything that used a remote cylinder. So after he couldn't get the 3010 sorted out he decided to just hook up the 4630 and use that but amazingly it had the same problem!

Yesterday when I went to visit he was telling me about his woes and how he had spent time on the Interweb searching for a solution and phoning up people he knew whom he thought could help him and futzing around with things himself making sure everything was clean and the couplers were engaging fullty. All in all he had spent a considerable amount of time on this issue. It didn't help his frustration level that he's one very knowledgeable mechanic and has worked on lots of hydraulic equipment!

So he's going to try to hook up once again and see if something is different "this time" and I go over to help of course and once the draw pin is in he goes to hook up the couplers and snaps them firmly into place and then has his young son run the control lever in the cab. You can hear something happening with the hydraulics but no action on the implement side of the couplers. I take a look at the coupler block on the tractor, reach over and give two little levers a 90 degree rotation and to his surprise the hydraulics work! Yep! You guessed it... he had a brain fart and didn't realize the purpose of those two levers. (They push the one way check balls off their respective seats to allow fluid to flow.)

You can bet I ribbed him about that and I won't soon let him forget it! :laughing:

SH92570_1.jpg