explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #21  
Re: explaining the \"pucker factor\" to your wife

Yep been there done that:
I tried to explaine it by the means of HOW HIGH you get in a seat when you are setting down vs how high you are when the pucker factor goes UP so do YOU! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif A nearly similar situation as when you're getting that WEZZEL feeling and have to find a bath room FAST! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lol
Mark

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #22  

Mine was the end of a long day.. I had dropped the NAA off at the tire store to have a $pendy rear 16.9 x 24 turf tire replaced.

I got off work late.. rushed over.. it was starting to rain.. I was in a hurry, and wearing hard flat soled shoes ( office - dress shoes ) and my foot slipped off the clutch as I was trying to 'tweak' the position of hte tractor on the trailer...

Sheesh.. no more rushing.. no more flat soled shoes..

Soundguy

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #23  

My wife would understand the term real easily. All I'd have to do would be ask her if she remembers the time I was showing her how the old CJ would walk up the hill.

It was over 30 years ago when we were ascending a grassy hill on her Dad's farm. Early one morning (forgot to consider the dew on the grass) we were romping about. The hill was only about 75 feet long. Made it mebbe 3/4 of the way up till I lost traction. Couldn't manage to stop it when it began to slide back down, but did manage to get it into reverse for a somewhat controllable retreat.

Or a bit later on when the centerstand of the Kawasaki scraped rounding a turn.

Or the time I was sliding backwards down the driveway in my 3/4T Chevy towards her much smaller Volvo wagon (missed it).

Yup, I'm sure Wifey wouldn't have a difficult time grasping the concept since she was fortunate enough for me to lay the groundwork for her understanding /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...............chim

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #24  

Chim I think that you have been working your guardian angel way too hard over the years. I'm glad you never got anything more than a bad pucker factor outta all those deals.

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #25  

"Or a bit later on when the centerstand of the Kawasaki scraped rounding a turn"

Thats not a real "Pucker Factor" there. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It becomes a real pucker factor when you are going around that twisty at that angle you mentioned, and realize that black, shiney, wet looking stripe on the inside tire track of the road is not rubber from previous motorcycle tires, but that the old truck a 1/8 of a mile in front you is badly leaking gas all over the road. This is a definition for a "Tripple Pucker Factor". /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The first PF is when your tires slip out from under you going 50 MPH in the twisty, the second one, while the centerstand and the rest of your bike is sparking away with you underneath it at 50 MPH, is remembering at that exact moment, you forgot your flame retardent suit at home!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The third one is catching a glimpse of that 18 wheeler moving at 40 MPH in the opposite lane 30 feet ahead of you that you and your bike are sliding in a firey inferno towards at 50 MPH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #26  

Years ago ( maybe 25) a friend and I were attending Akron university in downtown Akron. OH. Part of our daily commute was I76 thru downtown at rush hour to a 5:30 class. We were going thru rush hour traffic in an old toyota wagon, following a rusty chevy nova when the nova hit one of our infamous ohio potholes and we watched the gas tank fall off the nova in front of us and it was being drug down the interstate by the hoses !! No place to go.........We couldn't change lanes due to traffic..........Some how, the hoses stayed attached to the car ahead or we would have t-boned the fuel tank with my friends toyota at 50 mph !! Needless to say we skipped our class that night on electronic theory and went to the bucket shop ( local drinkery) to celebrate the fact that we dodged a big one............

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #27  

That makes my adventures seem pretty mild.............chim

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #28  

one other good puckerfactor I had was heading down I76/224 from Akron to Mansfield oh this past winter. 6" snow dropped and the road was covered. I came out unscaved cept for I lost one hub cap but was far better off than the other guy who was comming at us across the medium at about 55 mph sideways! Woman and kids puckerfacotr was about 15! lol while the car in front swirved (sideways to the right of him I had to go left twards the median again sideways...) well anyhow I'm not sure how the guy didn't get killed but luck and someone above helped us all out!.

(laso the woman on the rider with the 48"x24" dia roller on back attempted to go up hill and got stuck in damp grass. and the brake only stops one rear wheel which left it slide backwards down hill faster than if it was snot coverd!. she got off and left it set at bottom of the hill lol I'm just glad she didn't turn the wheel any or it would have jack knifed in a heart beat!

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif