explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #1  

sassafraspete

Platinum Member
not heaven but you can see it from here... Brown C
Tractor
Branson (kukje) 4020, 40hp turbo
explaining the \"pucker factor\" to your wife

I tried to explain the "pucker factor" to my wife the other day, and she just gave me that "men are disgusting" speech. Anybody else been successful at explaining this concept to their significant other?

sassafraspete

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #2  
Re: explaining the \"pucker factor\" to your wife

nah! i don't even try, best u can do is try and relate it to something she can understand, like if she went shopping and wipped out her credit card and it said not valid,over the limit!!!! then she would know what the pucker factor is! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #3  

I asked my wife if she remembered crashing a red light more than a few years back in a then brand new mini van. I also asked her if she remembered just how she felt at the instant before there was going to be impact with another vehicle in that same intersection. I compared that feeling to pucker factor on a tractor.

Give them something that they can easily relate to and then they can make the comparison every time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #4  

I've tried to no avail . I once had a bad experience while box blading with an old ford 3000 . It was on a hill . the bb lost it's load of dirt and the brakes faded at the same time . I had enough sense to drop the bb to get it stopped .
I was trying to explain it to the wife while she picked the seat cushion out of my jeans with tweezers . But She just didn't get it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #6  

I didn't really need to explain it to my girlfriend since she has her own tractor, but recently I gave her a hard time about it anyway. I'd just bought her a new 4WD Kawasaki Mule and was giving her a demo ride. Instead of staying on the main trail, I turned up a 30' steep slope, and with dirt and rocks flying, up we went. When we got to the top of the hill she caught her breath long enough to say, "Whew! I'm glad I had my seatbelt on." and I said, "I still felt your butt getting a grip on the seat." That was soon followed by a stinging sensation in my side where she punched me. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

...and now she goes up and down hills like it's nuthin'. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #7  

Take her to see "True Lies", where Jamie Lee Curtis jumps from a skyscraper onto the canopy of Schwarzenegger's Harrier. Tell her to imagine herself doing it. She'll understand pucker factor....

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just how big was that seat cushion? Could be another calibration besides the usual 1 to 10. )</font>

It was a lot bigger before my incident . But it looked pretty "cool " after as it had a kind of "MOHAWK" look /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif And you could say it was a custom fit /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #9  

Oh My wife got the pleasure of expereincing it first hand last week.
We have a small plywood box that our goat uses to get out of the weather. My wife wanted it moved so we hooked a strap around it and raised it up with the loader and started backing up very slowly. The area was a gentle slope and I've done work there before knowing that I have to be careful. Well not thinking anything of it she starts backing up and we got maybe 20 feet when she went over a small rock, about the size of a softball. That was all it took. Loader raised about 5 feet, slight slope and weight towards the downward slope.
I hear her get that reall shrill voice as she yells for me. I looked at the rear tire and see it's about 4 inches off the ground.
I just reached out pushed the tractor back down and told her to lower the bucket. Made all right with the world again.
She kindly rejected my offer to let her finish the project. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Guess she finally "GETs IT"
She got right back on the next day and took a couple loads of firewood over to the neighbors.
She's stealing all my seat time.
I don't think she minded too much my hints, when I said wheel weights or filling the tires would have helped.

/ explaining the "pucker factor" to your wife #10  

This posting reminds me of a saying:
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse.