L4060 Intellipanel "Master Warning" light

/ L4060 Intellipanel "Master Warning" light #1  

L4060HSTC

Tractor
L4060HSTC
New to this forum guys but have referenced this site many times for assistance with issues.

Just took delivery of a new L4060HSTC, factory 3rd functrion and all the cold weather CNY artic options (all defrosters, front & rear lights etc...) and have an issue with the master warning light (as named by the owners manual).

The light in question is a red triangle with an exclamation point within same and my problem is that although it is too warm to utilize the glow plugs at this time if I leave the key in the "On" (2nd click) position for more that 2-3 seconds while messing with the radio or what not, and then start the tractor the warning light will flash until shut down.

Now conversely if I start the tractor "like a car" and just hop in an turn the key starting same immediately the warning light never comes on. (it is about 60 degrees out today and glowplugs are obviously not needed)

I talked to three dealers and was told the following:

1) "Just start it like a car, no warning light no problem"
2) "Ignore it"
3) "The is the system telling you that you do not need to delay starting"

Bottom line is that I cant take a chance "ignoring" something or not correcting the issue with a $40K tractor!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

P9270006.jpg

Last edited:
   / L4060 Intellipanel "Master Warning" light #2  
Get it in writing from the dealership, then Ignore it