Best Implementation of Tier IV

/ Best Implementation of Tier IV #1  

OrangeAgain

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti RX7320PC, 1983 Kubota L275 4WD, 1981 John Deere 2440 2WD row crop tractor
Which brand has the best implementation of Tier IV emissions? Why?

/ Best Implementation of Tier IV #2  
This has been discussed several times if you do a quick search. I like my Mahindra 2555 HST Cab (2015) as there's nothing I have to "do". It does anything it needs without my intervention.

/ Best Implementation of Tier IV #4  
I think there needs to be more time to tell in the compact world, The last machines to have to meet the requirements. The large farm tractors have had more chance to build up some hours across the board (but not really the best forum to learn that info, just not many "ag" discussions). I think all you will find on cuts is anecdotal stories that don't really tell as a whole how it is working out. I am curious to see how the cut world is fairing after about 5-10 years, what gets changed, what doesn't, etc etc. imao

/ Best Implementation of Tier IV #5  
'brands' don't create emissions tech, it all comes from the engine manufacturer. Most brands have a mix of emissions technology at work depending on the model. You can read about DOC, DPF, DEF, etc till your brain hurts. At the end of the day, they all do the job and it does not seem that any are dramatically different than the next as far as the operator is concerned. I personally see some problems with the DOC design, but we won't know for several years how that one holds up.

/ Best Implementation of Tier IV #6  
I purchased my B3350 Kubota (DPF) in Nov. '13, an early one. I have had no problems, but the DPF is a nuisance to live with, especially when it comes to engine management as you are supposed to limit idling and operate at higher rpm (even though the job wouldn't otherwise need higher rpm). The turbo means you have to wait at idle for a bit, at least 30 seconds, before shut down so the oil doesn't coke in the turbo bearings. So when you need to get off for a minute you are faced with either leaving the engine running fast, waiting the 30 seconds before doing a shutdown (they should have included an auto turbo cool-down delay), or leaving it idling and loading up the DPF. For small equipment like CUTs, I think the EPA regs are just way overboard.

My tractor is now at the shop getting the emissions updates done. Figured I better get it overwith before winter when I'll be needing if for snow. I miss my tractor, is that weird or what?