kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #1  

Clarkschapel

Tractor
B21 kubota
The lights are not working on the tractor, just wondering if i might have a short in the system that is draining the battery, I can jump start the tractor and it runs just fine. the battery was purchased in 2014, i check the battery for water and it was ok. just not sure where to start looking for a ground or short in the system, i am wondering about the light switch selector. does anyone have a schematic of the electrical system on this B21. thank you for any input on this

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #2  
Disconnect the battery after shutting tractor off. If it's good the next day start looking at the light system wiring.

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #3  
I had a similar problem with my Ford 1210. Turned out to be some dirt or corrosion in a plug connection. Battery and alternator were fine. Cleaning the connection did the trick.

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge
thanks for the help, ill check those out next chance i get.

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #5  
Does the charging lamp illuminate when the ignition switch is turned on? Does the charging lamp extinguish when the engine is running?

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #6  
If your lights don't work, replace that fuse first as it also supplies the instrument cluster and also supplies the alt charge lamp which supplies power to excite the alternator.

Last edited:
   / kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge
I will take a look at that as soon as i can, thank you for your help, I will let you know what i find out.

/ kubota B21 Battery not keeping charge #8  
A tractor or vehicle with a working alternator can run after being started without a battery. This reminds me of a story. The alternator on my dads truck went out. The battery was soon depleted, and the truck died. It was on a bad stretch of road about 20 miles from home. He called a family member to bring us a generator, extension cord, and a battery charger. You can probably figure out what we did from this point.