Kubota 1550 PTO speeds?

/ Kubota 1550 PTO speeds? #1  

whitefish

Tractor
Kubota 1550
What is proper speed to run implements?pecifically a front mounted snow blower? I ask this because I can't seem to get my tractor into the 540 speed with my snowblower even though I was running my bush hog on that speed? Could I have somehow stripped my 540 gears?

/ Kubota 1550 PTO speeds? #2  
What is proper speed to run implements?pecifically a front mounted snow blower? I ask this because I can't seem to get my tractor into the 540 speed with my snowblower even though I was running my bush hog on that speed? Could I have somehow stripped my 540 gears?

Could you explain a bit more? Does the engine bog down so it won't reach the right rpm's or does the engine seem Ok but the snow blower doesn't seem to spin fast enough?

/ Kubota 1550 PTO speeds?
Thank you for responding. I was trying to offer a short message so as not to bore someone. I don't change implements much so I'm a very novice user of this Kubota 1550 tractor. My engine is running fine and set at the rpm's designated for the PTO. The PTO speed which is set via a lever to the lower left under my seat has two speeds. It seems to me that years ago someone told me not to run my PTO above the 540 speed, which is the low speed. Getting ready for winter, I took off the Bush Hog which I always ran at 540. I should note that whenever I shifted my PTO from neutral into 540 gear that there was often a slight grinding noise. After hooking up my snowblower, I wanted to test it so I tried to shift the PTO from neutral to 540. The handle feels like it's in gear, but the PTO does not engage. I decided to see if I could run it in high gear…820 maybe (I forget the RPM)…and the snowblower works fine. I'm concerned about two things. One, that I can't get the PTO in 540 and second, that I may be running the PTO at too high a speed. I certainly don't want to hurt the tractor. Appreciate your help.