ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #1  

missourihick

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH560,ford2N ,H farmall and looking for more
I have been looking at used IR BL370 loader hoes and I like the way they look,but I can't find any info on the web. I have searched several IR sites and have had no luck. I know it is not a tractor,but it is close. Anybody know where I can find info? [ picture fo BL370 at machinerytrader.com,this link works asp?PID=540876&guid=che9s080&pcid=2818062&etid=1&OHID=4576254&nh=0]picture of BL370 at machinerytrader.com[/url]

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #3  
With a price tag like that, i suggest a Kubota B21/L35

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #4  
It looks like the Earth Force that they bought out.

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( With a price tag like that, i suggest a Kubota B21/L35 )</font> Where would I start looking for one used? I can't buy anything till later in the summer but I can look.

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #6  
I looked at them for some time. They have great specs and if you do much construction work may be the ticket.
I bought an L48 and am happy with it and having the 3pt hitch but the b370 is a great unit with some advantages.
They do not offer much info on them on the web yet but I did find them on this site- irutility.com? Or irutilityequipment.com.
There is a short info part to it.
I have seen a bobcat b250 and it is nice and the bigger b570 form ir. The price is good for a unit with it's abilities.
Good luck.

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #7  
You're right missouri, there ain't a whole heck of a lot of info on these machines. I, like you, wanted to investigate these a bit more, but without any success. I don't know the difference between the IR models, but this is what I know....

No more Earthforce, no more IR compacts. Everything merged under the Bobcat name, but not all previous models made it into the Bobcat lineup. They merged the IR & Earthforce features into only three: B100, B250 & B300. All three have unique features unto themselves. You can check out the Bobcat homepage, but here's a quick look at the main differences that I've found.

B100 - 2WD; front wheel steer; larger rear tires; normal BH outriggers; more along the lines of Kub TLB, except it doesn't have a 3 pt. & 4WD; 31.5 HP

B250 - I believe this one is the same as the BL575 except in Bobcat white; slide hoe; outriggers move up & down; 4WD; 4 wheel steer; all tires same size; same engine as B100

B300 - typical BH with normal outriggers; 46 HP; 4WD; 4WS; same size tires

All are hydros, have Kub engines and have quick attach front buckets with auxilliaries plumbed. They appear to built like tanks - very heavy and with more brute strength than the Kub TLBs.

As for the BL370, it appears to be a smaller version of the B300, in that, it has 4WD, 4WS and a normal hoe. Not sure of the HP.

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps.

Also, I'm going to demo a B250 this weekend. I'll let ya'll know the outcome next week. I'll try to take some pix, if I remember.

bucky4

In the meantime, here's a couple of IRs on eBay:

BL375 - it appears to similar to the B250.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3803956761&category=41493&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

BL575 - man this is a brute, 56HP!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3803790930&category=50902&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #8  
Bucky4

Those are great prices on the units. I would have gotten the 575 if I could have found a deal like that.
I think, IR still makes or markets the larger units? I say a new IR 570 at D@D Equipment in Lena Wi. yeaterday. It is a well laid out unit. One thing is, it is heavy.
The 400 and up searies have 2 speed transmissions-0to4 and 0to14mph while the smaller ones have 1 slow speed-4 mph.
The loader lift and breakout are tops in their weight by far. The 300 and up searies have built in self leveling linkages that are nice. It could use an extendahoe option just like I would like to see that for some of the Kubota hoes.
Check out Perimeter Bobcat of florida, they may still have specs on the earthforce models?
Let us know what you found.

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe #9  
Gray,

You apparently have hit the mother lode of info on these TLBs. Thanks. I searched the IR website for about 1/2 hour and got frustrated and quit.
FYI to all: it's www.irutilityequipment.com & then click on backhoe brochure.

I too like their robust features, but if IR is not making them anymore, I have concerns regarding the warranty validity, parts in the future, etc. etc.

I see the advantages of the models with the slide hoe and the up/down outriggers, but I also question their stability. Certainly the typical BH outrigger is more stable, don't ya think???

Since I'm going to demo a B250 this weekend, I'll have a better chance to evaluate this feature and hopefully have some feedback.

Good day to all....

bucky4

/ ingersoll-rand compact loader/backhoe
Thanks. You found what I could not.