Replacing belly pan bolts - don't know how I ever got by without a forklift

/ Replacing belly pan bolts - don't know how I ever got by without a forklift #1  

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
Apparently, 300ft/lb of torque and thread locker isn't enough to keep the belly pan bolts from working loose. I'll admit I hadn't been checking them every time I used the cutter but in my defense, it was 300ft/lb of torque with red locktite... Anyway, a couple of the bolts managed to work completely loose and were gone so I decided I'd better just go ahead and replace them all and include backer nuts this time. The last time I put this belly pan on, I had to get 3 guys to help me hold it in place so I could get the nuts started and tighten it all up.

This time, well see for yourself, it was a 1 man job and I didn't even break a sweat. The worst part was that I got some clippings from under the deck in my hair but it brushed right off.

I've only had this forklift for about 6 months now and I can't tell you how much it gets used for. After having it, I really don't know how I got by without it. Best part is that I traded a guy a 1999 Ford E250 with 190k miles on it that was worth maybe $2,000 for this thing. I think I definitely got the better end of the deal, I didn't have to deal with selling the van and this forklift is worth way more than $2,000 to me.

20151026_125503_resized.jpg 20151026_125456_resized.jpg

/ Replacing belly pan bolts - don't know how I ever got by without a forklift #2  
A forklift is quite handy to have around. I use mine far more for positioning, slinging stuff out of the pickup, or moving vehicles than picking up pallets.

/ Replacing belly pan bolts - don't know how I ever got by without a forklift #3  
Great Post and I totally agree. I've been running a warehouse for a few years now and getting parts from intellaliftparts.com to repair forklifts and I don't know where I would be without them! I usually have to outsource a lot of repairs but with getting parts directly with most repairs became a one man job. Managing these forklifts for a short period of time has been much better then my first idea of trading to purchase an old truck, like you mentioned.
Cheers!

/ Replacing belly pan bolts - don't know how I ever got by without a forklift #4  
Pallet forks are on my loader more than my bucket. I've netted several Craigslist free hauls of pallets & now almost everything heavy or awkward gets put on pallets.