Hydrostatic Ground Creep

/ Hydrostatic Ground Creep #1  

Erik Graham

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630,Ford NAA, Kubota L2550GST
Greetings,

I have a problem with my 4 wd Kubota B7100 creeping forward. This happens regardless of whether the transmission lever is in fast or slow position and I don't have my foot on the forward/reverse foot rocker pedal. This occurs whether engine speed is at an idle or at higher r.p.m. and seems to only creep forward. Basically means I have to put the transmission in neutral to get off the tractor. This is a real PITA when I'm using the bucket and it's not convenient to lower it to the ground. Please no lectures about getting off the tractor without setting the parking brake. This happens on flat asphalt or flat lawn, with or without material in the loader. Hydraulic fluid was recently drained and filled with fresh oil and is currently topped up. Wondering if there's an adjustment somewhere I can make to remedy this.

Any insights greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Erik

/ Hydrostatic Ground Creep #2  
There should be a spring that returns the pedal to neutral. Mine has an adjustment to prevent this problem.
Might look underneath and see if you can find the adjustment link.

/ Hydrostatic Ground Creep #3  
You do have an adjust bolt/nut on the right side of housing just behind your foot. Access it from the side. It is only for fine adjustment. It is accessed through a hole in the frame.

Follow the foot pedal control rod back under eat. You will see a piece there with a v cut out of it and it will have another Rod/lever with a roller on it that rides in the notch. This is the main center position for the hydro. It will have a spring on it that is accessed from the top by removing a cover.

This centering system can be hit with branches and such stuff. It may get bent or get something in it. Sometimes the roller goes off the v notch.

Anyway look, activate, lube and make adjustments as required.

you are not the first with this problem. Do a search on TBN and there will be lots of information as well as diagrams.

/ Hydrostatic Ground Creep
Hi Egon;
Thanks for the advice. Located the nut you mentioned but no joy. Rotating in one direction actually increased "creep" substantially and rotating in the opposite direction got me back to where I started. As tight as the bolt could go it still resulted in forward motion. I have a parts break down for the tractor and in looking at it have a better idea how the mechanism works. I'm guessing the next step is to see if the V shaped pieces is bent or obstructed in some way. Did do some searching on TBN looking for pictures but searching "B7100 HST" yields a lot of posts about other tractors with HST. Then tried "Kubota B7100 HST" and got all sorts of hits for all sorts of Kubota's with HST. Could you point me in the right direction to narrow my search to locate some photos'?

Cheers, Erik