battery

/ battery #1  

darrenjttu

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300
I am wanting to buy a trickle charger to maintain the battery but is the a way to disconnect the battery cables to the terminals with out breaking out the wrench every time. I am looking for a quick disconnect I can remove the battery and just put it in the garage so its not out in the cold every night.

/ battery #2  
   / battery #3  
It is unnecessary to be bringing the battery into a warm area. If it needs this level of babying it is no longer any good,
You could install a battery blanket to keep it warm in very cold weather.
Amazon.com: Kat's 22200 80 Watt 36" Battery Thermal Wrap: Automotive

If you still want to do so then you need an Anderson Plug rated for 175 amps.
There are a lot of 50 amp ones around but they are too light for starting duty.
Pair 175 AMP Anderson Connector Plugs 25mm Cable Terminals Ginetta G 50 55 40 20 | eBay

Dave M

/ battery
Thanks for the replies. I discovered what JSanders10 posted shortly after I posted this question. That will work perfectly.

/ battery #5  
If you're really located SW of Ft Worth TX, you're battery will be fine even when you think it's cold. ;) But I use a BatteryMinder, or tender to keep mine in top shape. The quick disconnects make it so easy to plug it in.

/ battery #6  
If you use it or at least let it run for a while every couple weeks, you don't need anything. I have started tractors that have set for months.

/ battery #7  
My tractor battery is continuously connected to a Battery Tender with a quick disconnect between the Tender and the battery. I've found that while the Tender will keep the battery "up" and might aide in starting - the main advantage is that the Tender extends the life of the battery considerably just by keeping it "up" all the time.

/ battery #8  
It’s worth mentioning one more time, there’s no need to remove the battery even in cold environments. And Texas is far from a cold environment.

/ battery #9  
It's worth mentioning one more time, there's no need to remove the battery even in cold environments. And Texas is far from a cold environment.

/ battery #10  
Those andersons are great connectors.
Have 2 installed, one smaller for the re fueling transfer pump and the larger one for my booster cables. (my booster cable terminates in anderson for quick easy boosting)
(Most tow trucks use the anderson option around here.)