Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound?

/ Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound? #1  

CharlieDelta

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
I am a relatively new owner of the a 135(3 weeks) I have been slowly sorting out and fixing all these issues.

I am not sure if I have a dual clutch or single clutch because I cant find the serial number of the tractor yet.

The tractor is running fine and the hydraulics appear to be working well.

The question is this. When i place the tractor in Neutral and I push the clutch in all the way hard down to the floor the high pitch hydraulic pumping sounds go away.
If i let the clutch out into its resting position I get the hydraulic pumping sound. It appears that from the clutch hard down to the floor and about 1 or 2 inchs from hard down, the pump noise gets louder. Its like the clutch position turns the pumping noise on and off.

The question is that in neutral, is this hydraulic pumping high pitch noise normal and independent of clutch operation, and is it normal for the sound or pressure to go away when I push the clutch hard to the floor?

I guess the pump has to run pressure through the hydraulics while the tractor is running. Why then when I push the clutch right down should the pumping sound go away?
I have the auxiliary hydraulics which is not being used and it appears that this pumping sound is coming from the auxiliary hydraulic control lever. The sound is similar to when you
put the hydraulics into constant pressure mode. I just want to be sure that this sound is normal and its not a clutch adjustment issue

Do I need to get the clutch adjusted? Its hard when you have never owned the tractor to what is a good sound or a bad sound. Its just that this hydraulic pumping sound is obvious even with the loud engine running. I will get my sense of normal right when I know what the pumps sound like and run under normal conditions.

Thanks

/ Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound? #2  
Clutch is good ! And its a dual clutch ! Your clutchpedal has 3 posisions ......First is freetravel......second is mainclutch for the wheels.......3d is for pto release !
The sound you hear is when you disengage the pto clutchplate and all your hidraulics and pto stops . At the back of the pumpshaft is a coupling you need to select to engage/disengage your pto. Consantpumping is there for hydraulicwork like tipping a trailer.

/ Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound? #3  
I am a relatively new owner of the a 135(3 weeks) I have been slowly sorting out and fixing all these issues.

I am not sure if I have a dual clutch or single clutch because I cant find the serial number of the tractor yet.

The tractor is running fine and the hydraulics appear to be working well.

The question is this. When i place the tractor in Neutral and I push the clutch in all the way hard down to the floor the high pitch hydraulic pumping sounds go away.
If i let the clutch out into its resting position I get the hydraulic pumping sound. It appears that from the clutch hard down to the floor and about 1 or 2 inchs from hard down, the pump noise gets louder. Its like the clutch position turns the pumping noise on and off.

The question is that in neutral, is this hydraulic pumping high pitch noise normal and independent of clutch operation, and is it normal for the sound or pressure to go away when I push the clutch hard to the floor?

I guess the pump has to run pressure through the hydraulics while the tractor is running. Why then when I push the clutch right down should the pumping sound go away?
I have the auxiliary hydraulics which is not being used and it appears that this pumping sound is coming from the auxiliary hydraulic control lever. The sound is similar to when you
put the hydraulics into constant pressure mode. I just want to be sure that this sound is normal and its not a clutch adjustment issue

Do I need to get the clutch adjusted? Its hard when you have never owned the tractor to what is a good sound or a bad sound. Its just that this hydraulic pumping sound is obvious even with the loud engine running. I will get my sense of normal right when I know what the pumps sound like and run under normal conditions.

Thanks

Squealing from a hydraulic pump can mean it is either pumping some air or it could mean a relief valve is stuck open. You most likely have a dual clutch so when the pedal is to the floor, the pump is disconnected and will come on at an intermediate pedal position when the pto clutch is reconnected to the engine output shaft.

/ Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound?
Thanks guys. I have a bit of a clearer picture now of the functioning. The manuals are really terrible in describing the exact nature of the operation, especially if you new to tractors.

Maybe I should stop worrying and use the Tractor and hope for the best.!!

/ Massey 135 Clutch Hydraulics pumping sound? #5  
Do you have the right oil in the rear of the tractor?