What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage...

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #1  

nikerret

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D-1
Last night, after a great first snow day tractor experience, I did the inevitable...I mean unimaginable.

I was cold and had been up since 11:00 the night before, which may have played a part. I had been playing in the snow in the low 20*'s for around four hours.

I got home to a hungry and somewhat cranky old lady, who opened the garage door, for me. She was standing in the garage, keeping the 2 year old from getting close, when I cam to a stop accompanied by a terrible cracking boom. Not thinking clearly, I pushed forward, again. ROPS were still too tall. I looked up to see the border of the siding messed up. ****! Fortunately, I thought to look back, before backing very far, as the impact and slid me over and I was about to put the rear blade in the fender of my pickup. That would have ruined the rest of the parking time.

I folded the ROPS in a hail of curse words and parked it. The old lady was unimpressed her vehicle wouldn't fit, with the current layout, in the garage.

Here's the damage to the aluminum border. I think there's some in the rafters of the garage, I can fix it with; I hope... The top of the ROPS has some white paint on it.

What have you messed up or hit with your tractor? I made it 11.8 hours which took me 23 days.

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #2  
I didn't take a pictures, but I busted up my mailbox with the front snow blade

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #3  
I took out a tent gazebo... Twice! :mur:

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #4  
I have done the same thing. My ROPS was a closer fit and only hit the weather stripping at the top of the door. I have also hit my shooting backstop because I had left my tractor in cruise control and it didn't stop when I expected. When my house was under construction I let the brick masons use the tractor to move sand. One of them backed the backhoe arm through bosses covered trailer.

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #5  
Do you think if people backed into their parking spots they'd be more aware of the ROPS?

...but then... my garage door trim has a badge of honor, a nice big gouge from the FEL swiping it when backing in. (amazing the telescoping effect of a little turn of the steering wheel!).

After about 8 hours of use, my rotary cutter still looks brand new, from the top. The bottom lip is beat to sh*t as it's been pushed into the blade a few times and had the chain guards completely ripped off (front and back). Backing into trees, fence posts and rocks the size of wheelbarrows will do that!

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #6  
Doing some lawn mowing with the ROPS up, I thought to myself, "I better remember that or I will hit the garage door." Half hour later I drove through the garage door header.

A different time I was turning into the barn with the forks 3' up. I almost made the turn and I pierced the wall and stuck one of the forks in about a foot.

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #7  
Do you think if people backed into their parking spots they'd be more aware of the ROPS?

Nope. Where I back my tractor into the barn I have to drop the ROPS as its about 5" too tall. At least twice the first year I owned it I caught myself looking down to make sure the tires were clearing (only a few inches of clearance on each side) just to hear a crunch as the ROPS was hitting the top of the doorway. Don't think I've forgot about it since, but my luck I just jinxed myself..

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #8  
This thread would be a lot shorter if nikkert had asked, "Who hasn't messed up something including the tractor?":mad:

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #9  
I've hit the garage with the rops but luckily didn't do too much damage. Also stripped the threads in the transmission drain plug when changing the transmission oil. Turned the wrong way when trying to loosen the drain plug. I just figured it was on there real tight.

/ What have you messed up, with your tractor? Including ROPS into garage... #10  
My tractor can break things all on its own.

Parked on the driveway in neutral, bucket up, backhoe up and brakes set. Yes they work. Got off of it walked away and then turned around to watch it slide back into my car. Probaly 3k damage but no lights affected. Only the washer fluid reservoir got a break in the very top and still works. Visual damage almost not noticible.