JD 4410 how to test fusible link?

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #1  

Smiling Bear

Tractor
JD 4410 won't start. good battery,
and alternator.no crank. Nothing happens when turn ignition key. Fuse problem? Any ideas? Thanks

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #2  
Could be a loose connections. Fusible links work or they don't just like a fuse. Bypass the wire with another wire to confirm or eliminate the wire as a cause.
You can jump the starter to verify it is working. Loose wires are a usual suspect. Ground wires vibrate loose so check them.

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #3  
Yes try and jump the solenoid to confirm the starter is good. Do the lights dim when you turn the key. Check fuses, key switch then wiring . Buy a test light and start checking.

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link?
Will do. Thank you!

I will. Thank you

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #6  
Check seat switch, check to make sure both hydro pedals are all the way up. Sometimes a stick can get caught underneath or they can have rust in the hinges and they don't return all the way up.

I will. Thank you!

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #8  
Same thing happened to me. Seemed I knocked/tapped the PTO control handle while climbing off. Checked everything for a couple hrs. - still nothing. Then thought it couldn't hurt anything so I gently jiggled the PTO handle - she fired right up. Pays to check the obvious/easiest things like safety switches first. Good luck.

/ JD 4410 how to test fusible link? #9  
If the headlights are working then the problem is not the fusible link.
If the headlights are not working, the first challenge is determining if there is a fusible link and where is it.
This John Deere parts diagram shows a fusible link as part #39
John Deere - Parts Catalog
The fusible link will look like a loop of wire with a plug in connector to connect it to the wiring harness.
This is a picture of a Kubota one but your's would be very similar.
vTxTTkU.jpg

The fusible link is the loop of wire. The insulation will be intact but the wire inside will be melted if it has blown,
To test it remove it from the tractor and test for continuity between the two terminals on the connector.
Don't replace it with a piece of wire unless you are looking for a fire. You could put an inline fuse in the circuit while trouble shooting why the link blew and then replace it with a new one from Deere.

Plse advise re headlights
Dave M