Insurance

/ Insurance #21  
Roadhunter,

The tractor & implements are covered for the same thing as the house. Fire, theft, vandalism, lightning, wind & hail, explosion, riot & civil commotion, smoke, falling objects, etc, etc. The one limitation is - only while on my property. I have insurance with State Farm.

Yep, this is the same for me, and I think this is fairly common for many Homeowner's Policies in the U.S. There are very important exclusions, though, so it's important to check the specific policy. It typically does not cover accidents while operating the tractor, as it is a "motorized vehicle." So if you were to tear up the cab on a tree in the woods, or turn over on a hill, the property damage to the tractor will likely not be covered. Nor will Homeowners cover liability from operation, as distinguished from damage to the tractor itself. Say you are giving some folks a hayride and one falls off, etc. due to something you did or didn't do properly. Also, even if you have an Umbrella Liability Policy linked to your Homeowner's and automobile/truck policies, as many people prudently do, the ULP won't cover that liability either, because there is no coverage under the base policy.