Ballast ballast box on 3320 JD

/ ballast box on 3320 JD #1  

491ton

Tractor
John Deere 3320 cab tractor
I have a 550# ballast box on my 3320. My pastures are pretty rough and the ballast box swings side to side on the three point. Is it hard on the three point to have the box on all the time?

/ ballast box on 3320 JD #2  
"Side to side" tells me it is swinging from tire to tire, you should tighten it up some. Two or three inches from far left to far right is plenty.

/ ballast box on 3320 JD #3  
I have a 550# ballast box on my 3320. My pastures are pretty rough and the ballast box swings side to side on the three point. Is it hard on the three point to have the box on all the time?

301 Moved Permanently check out this adjustable stabilizer bar. Should be available at any farm supply store that has three point supplies. You should have a pin or a hole for a pin under each rear axle and the other end connects to the implement pin through the three point arm. Carrying the weight shouldn't be a problem. Controlling the side to side swing would be easier on both the box snd the tractor.

/ ballast box on 3320 JD #4  
I have a 3720 and I adjust mine to keep it almost as tight as I can using the adjusters. There still is a little play that jerks the tractor a little bit.

/ ballast box on 3320 JD
Thats the way mine is, It only swings about 2" side to side. The adjustable bracing looks a little light weight, I am just wondering if they will hold up to that much weight banging on it.

/ ballast box on 3320 JD #6  
Are you using two? If not use two. Tighten them against each other to take out all the swing if you feel it is a problem.

/ ballast box on 3320 JD
Yes two, Iv'e got all the play I can out. I'm probably worring about nothing.