How much does that log weigh?

/ How much does that log weigh? #1  

Scut 4 Big Bucks

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T394
I was wondering how much the logs I was hauling out of the woods were weighing. I searched google, and found this nifty site for an estimate.

Click Here

I figure the biggest one I hauled out was around 800lbs, pretty good for a little Massey GC1715.

log on forks.JPG

/ How much does that log weigh? #2  
They have a lot of good calculators on there! Very cool link. Thanks!

/ How much does that log weigh? #3  
I was wondering how much the logs I was hauling out of the woods were weighing. I searched google, and found this nifty site for an estimate.

Click Here

I figure the biggest one I hauled out was around 800lbs, pretty good for a little Massey GC1715.

View attachment 455999

Red oak, right? That'll make some real nice firewood, unless you're planning on burning it this winter. Split small, next winter might be enough drying, winter of '18-'19 would be better still.

We burn lots of red oak here. It's very easy splitting wood and has kind of a funny smell. I like the smell alright, my wife, not so much.

/ How much does that log weigh? #4  
Hay how about a pic of your "forklift" would like to see how you did it. Ed

/ How much does that log weigh?
motown, that log is already ashes. I don't cut firewood for the years ahead, I cut for the day. I know, I'm losing heat because of it, but that's the way I do it. My favorite is green (as in not seasoned) box elder. The farmers want it out of their fencelines, and I want it into my firebox! Win win.

Ed, here is a pic of the homemade forks.
homemade forks.JPG

/ How much does that log weigh? #6  
Red oak is some of the easiest splitting wood I have ever split. I think the only thing easier was sassafras, but it its a much less dense wood and not as good for burning. But does smell nice.

/ How much does that log weigh? #7  
motown, that log is already ashes. I don't cut firewood for the years ahead, I cut for the day. I know, I'm losing heat because of it, but that's the way I do it. My favorite is green (as in not seasoned) box elder. The farmers want it out of their fencelines, and I want it into my firebox! Win win.

Ed, here is a pic of the homemade forks.
View attachment 456009

Losing (wasting) heat and reducing air quality in your neighborhood. I am not wishing to be rude here, but your wood burning practices are bad for the environment and disrespectful of your neighbors. Again, not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly hope that someday you see fit to change your ways. In the meantime, have fun with the MF and stay warm.:)

/ How much does that log weigh? #8  
Losing (wasting) heat and reducing air quality in your neighborhood. I am not wishing to be rude here, but your wood burning practices are bad for the environment and disrespectful of your neighbors. Again, not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly hope that someday you see fit to change your ways. In the meantime, have fun with the MF and stay warm.:)

You realize that wood isn’t green, right? I think of all the things a person needs to worry about, burning wood that hasn’t been seasoned “just right” is closer to the bottom of the list than the top.

/ How much does that log weigh?
Exactly MMagis. If you're really worried about it, you don't burn any wood, period.

Anyhow, back at the Oasis, the Arabs were eating their dates.

/ How much does that log weigh? #10  
:laughing::laughing:I love this site.