Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 7500

Default The Wife is Jealous Over My Tractor

Last Saturday I had a Woods 6500 backhoe delivered for my kubota 7500. So yesterday I called in "sick" to get some seat time with the new toy. I spent the whole day doing jobs around the house with great success (even the wife concured).
    After dinner the battle started! How can you take off from work and spend no time with me? Do I really need to answer
    that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] She is JEALOUS of the tractor [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] by her own words. Any comments?

PS
    I got subframe mount useing the tractors hydro's

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TN70S

Default Re: The Wife is Jealous Over My Tractor

I'd comment, but I've got to be careful what I say - the walls have ears...

Tractor
    Iseki TU1700f

<font color="blue"> "She is JEALOUS of the tractor by her own words. Any comments?" </font>

My wife is jealous of my tractor, too. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    She doesn't want to drive it, though. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Oh well, more seat time for me! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Evidentially she's feeling a little neglected. Maybe dinner out and a movie of her choice will earn you a little more seat time. Course when she comes back home for the evening you better not still be on that tractor. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130 hst

. Course when she comes back home for the evening you better not still be on that tractor. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

)</font>
    Good advice ! LOL [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] John

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030HSTC

Bad situation. I had the same problem. It's how you sell the project. You can say, "I am doing this for you!"

I usually take the kids outside with me and give her a quiet house. Then my wife doesn't care what I am doing as long as she has some peace and quiet. Of course, I invite my brother over so one of us always has an eye on the kids while the other operates the tractor. Then I order pizza that night so there is no cooking, and everybody is happy!

Joe

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 7500

She was all for the tractor in the beginning. How things have changed! I bought it in November '03 and only 28hrs of seat time. I think she owes me [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

What's her problem.....as long as you are at home and doing something constructive she should be happy. My spouse is grateful I am home, even if I am playing with my JD, at least she knows I am not sitting in a bar or gambling, or trying to pick up another woman.

But to be truthful, owning my JD keeps me so broke I couldn't afford those vices even if I wanted to. Don't tell !!!

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After dinner the battle started! How can you take off from work and spend no time with me? Do I really need to answer )</font>

one of those discussions u ani't going to win. did she say what exactly she wanted u to do? bet not!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] just that u should have done something with her, have been down that road.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5055D, JD 790 MFWD

Well, next time you use the tractor and she is at home, go in the house, pack a picnic lunch, grab a blanket, a bottle of wine or beer and have her ride in the FEL sitting on the blanket, drinking her drink and eating her lunch! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Guys, think that will solve the problem?? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I bet her face will look like this: [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast