Walk behind snow blower effort envolved

/ Walk behind snow blower effort envolved #21  
How much work is it to blow snow with a walk behind snow blower? Is it something an old person in fair shape could do? thanks Ed

Ed if your interested in a BCS or a Grillo tractor and a blower you should visit the 2 wheel forum and ask in there, many folks with experience, a few user dealers and even a fellow that just posted up his new purchase of a blower and tracks.

I have a Gravely walkbehind, older and without steer brakes and as long as you don't try to manhandle the machine and just guide it snow removal is a breeze.

/ Walk behind snow blower effort envolved #22  
I have an Ariens walk behind that is very easy to handle. I believe they call it "auto turn", or something similar. It's very intuitive, one wheel freewheels while turning.
Haven't tried the vinyl enclosures, but without one plan on getting snow blown all over you at some point.
I wear waterproof motorcycle gear with a full hood and ski goggles. Next year I may wear my full face helmet... and look like a real (warm) goofball.

/ Walk behind snow blower effort envolved #23  
We have a cub cadet from tractor supply along with the tractor. Elec start. steering control with right/left finger braking. Runs great and lighter than my old Bolens! My wife (63) uses it a lot while I am on the tractor - clearing walking paths to the barn. Got it at tractor supply. Cub Cadet 2X 524 SWE Snow Blower, CARB Compliant - For Life Out Here

I have this one also and it pretty much does everything. You could fight it if you want and make it more work but if you don't fight it, it will do the work... you just walk behind it and push down on lever for drive wheels and auger... Turning it around is also fairly easy since it is pretty light.