Kubota L3600 saves the day!

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #1  

cook96cbra

Bronze Member
A few days ago mid Michigan was slammed with 18-22" of snow. I was trying to clear out the driveway of the house we just bought because I had a delivery coming. It was wet and slippery under all that snow. When I went to back up to reposition my little snow plow rig (a 99 Durango) and I couldn't stop, I just slid down the hill and into the deep snow. That was it, no matter what I did the "green blob" was done. So, out comes the tractor. I got stuck three times trying to get from the barn to the driveway but I made it. After a few tries at different angles plus fighting the wet icy driveway and using the bucket to help me move around I was able to jerk the blob out far enough to get it moving. I finished the drive, did the road out to the main road and even helped an ambulance get to a call down past my house. The 'bota really did save the day, in more ways than one....

20160225_090207.jpg
20160225_090207-1.jpg

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #2  
That's one reason to have a tractor!!! :thumbsup: It looks like you have R4's and they work well for you?

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #3  
That snowfall was challenging and what made it worse was the ground was thawed and wet.

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day!
That's one reason to have a tractor!!! :thumbsup: It looks like you have R4's and they work well for you?
Yup, I think they're a perfect mix. In this case the Ag tires might of been better but chains would of been the real answer...

That snowfall was challenging and what made it worse was the ground was thawed and wet.
Yup, wet ice with snow on top.... Slippery as snot on a door handle.

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #6  
Yup, wet ice with snow on top.... Slippery as snot on a door handle.
I don't know if I'm more worried about the ice or that you know what snot on a door handle feels like.

Ok ok corny jokes done

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #7  
Good work! I couldn't imagine life without a tractor. Is it just me, or is your tow package bent upward? I'd like to hear that story:D

Chris

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #8  
Tractors ate invaluable.
I live south of flint had a similar experience. at that point there was about 9" of super wet and heavy snow on the ground. I Parked on the driveway which has a side slope to it.
I Could not move forward or backward only sideways towards the pine tree. the crappy Goodyear All Terrain tires would not bite at the snow. 4wd was useless

I had to get to the buss stop 4 miles away ended up taking the cruze diesel with michelin X-ice tires. which had tons of traction in those conditions

Later the M8540 was used to get the truck unstuck.
1456884235271.jpg

I don't know if I'm more worried about the ice or that you know what snot on a door handle feels like.

Ok ok corny jokes done
I actually have no idea but is sounds like it would be slippery. It's an old saying.... Picked it up from my grandpa.

I'd ask him if or how he knows but he died in 1982.

Good work! I couldn't imagine life without a tractor. Is it just me, or is your tow package bent upward? I'd like to hear that story:D

Chris
It's not but it looks like it in that pic. I do have a bent receiver from when I was towing my 21ft car hauler with my 96 F-250 and a kid in an Astro van coming the other way turned right into me causing a head on collision. Threw that van off the road and crunched the front of my truck. I drove it home and eventually fixed it. I had a **** of a time getting the trailer off the hitch, the impact tilted the ball forward about two inches...

I need to throw that thing in the scrap metal pile.