Good Ice Chains at Work

/ Good Ice Chains at Work #11  
We use a L3000DT in the woods;just about perfect.We have a similar log arch.

/ Good Ice Chains at Work
Very neat. I was also looking at the cool frame you built off the 3 point draw bar, and connected to the hydraulic toplink. Do you ever feel like you need a protective plate, like on a Farmi winch? I am a novice, and have been using my rear blade for skidding single logs. Works well.

If you pull your logs low, slow and easy and pay attention you don't need a protective plate for the logs to push on. Do a search on skidding logs and you will get an education on how people do it and see the widely varying opinions of what is considered dangerous. Just always work low and slow, that is, keep the log low as possible and go slow. Millions of logs have been moved with tractors. A simple cross draw bar like mine fitted with one or more tractor hooks is an easy way to start. Nothing wrong with using the rear blade either but the weight is kind of back. Getting the log closer to the tractor could be better if they are larger logs.

D_BarT_Hook.JPG

In your search you will find threads like this - there are lots of them. Tons of good ideas,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g-skidding-attachment.html?highlight=skidding

gg

/ Good Ice Chains at Work #13  
If you pull your logs low, slow and easy and pay attention you don't need a protective plate for the logs to push on. Do a search on skidding logs and you will get an education on how people do it and see the widely varying opinions of what is considered dangerous. Just always work low and slow, that is, keep the log low as possible and go slow. Millions of logs have been moved with tractors. A simple cross draw bar like mine fitted with one or more tractor hooks is an easy way to start. Nothing wrong with using the rear blade either but the weight is kind of back. Getting the log closer to the tractor could be better if they are larger logs.

View attachment 460460

In your search you will find threads like this - there are lots of them. Tons of good ideas,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g-skidding-attachment.html?highlight=skidding

gg

Awesome, thanks for the info. I read your build thread on the tongs and putting together the A-frame, I like the idea of fabricating something similar. As did everyone else in that thread!

/ Good Ice Chains at Work #14  
Hi again, Mr. Gould,

Thanks for the answers and the thread links. (& the ideas!)

I have been trying to figure out what use I can get out of the drawbar we have had laying around here since we got the tractor.

Thomas

/ Good Ice Chains at Work #15  
What brand are those chains/supplier?

/ Good Ice Chains at Work
What brand are those chains/supplier?

They are Tellefsdal chains. Made in Norway. I don't believe they are available in the USA anymore.

gg