Anybody afraid?

/ Anybody afraid? #1  

pma40

Tractor
AC D-17 ser lll
I read reviews Exmark lazer Z turn mower. I am looking at Exmark Z 60 deck with a 1000 hrs one owner all maintenance done when required. used in a residential setting. would anybody be afraid of buying for 4000$ not sure of year?

/ Anybody afraid? #2  
I have a Lazer Z with more hours than that, it's about 7 years old and is serviced twice a year due to it's heavy use in the vineyard, orchard and lawn. So far it has been bulletproof. I do recommend the Kawasaki motor though, it's a good one.
I think you have the right idea, looking at a well maintained used commercial unit rather than the box store option.

/ Anybody afraid? #3  
Wouldn't be afraid at all if you know it ws maintained. Probably only about half it's useful life used, maybe not even that. Even in the worst case of the motor going in 500 - 1000 hours that is a quality mower you could throw in another motor.

/ Anybody afraid?
It has the Kawasaki motor in it. Thank you for your input!

/ Anybody afraid?
About replacing the motor. The used dealer gentlemen said most of the Kawasaki motors have about 2000 to 2500 hrs expected life. awesome info from you. Thank you for your input!

/ Anybody afraid? #6  
If it has all the records, dosen't look beat up, i'd say it's a great deal.

Ronnie

/ Anybody afraid? #7  
I have a Kawasaki twin in my Husky. It is 12+ years old and still goes like new. Never used a drop of oil yet. One spark plug cracked a porcelain and I replaced it and that is all I have done apart from an oil change now and then.
I told my wife, If we ever buy another mower I am going to swap that Kwakka motor into it. :D

/ Anybody afraid? #8  
I have a Kawasaki twin in my Husky. It is 12+ years old and still goes like new. Never used a drop of oil yet. One spark plug cracked a porcelain and I replaced it and that is all I have done apart from an oil change now and then.
I told my wife, If we ever buy another mower I am going to swap that Kwakka motor into it. :D

I sold my 20 year old JD GT last year, only thing i ever done to the KAW engine was maintenance, highly recommend them myself.

Ronnie

/ Anybody afraid? #9  
Just an OK deal but should have plenty of life left. Not sure that I would not look for a new mower with warranty and everything new for maybe another couple thousand. Exmark is good, but so are a bunch of other brands. Scag,John Deere,Grasshopper,Toro,Hustler are equal quality.

/ Anybody afraid? #10  
Just an OK deal but should have plenty of life left. Not sure that I would not look for a new mower with warranty and everything new for maybe another couple thousand. Exmark is good, but so are a bunch of other brands. Scag,John Deere,Grasshopper,Toro,Hustler are equal quality.

The mower he is looking at would have cost him $9 - $10k new... Your not getting an Exmark Lazer Z or even one of the others you mention of that commercial quality for a couple extra grand. Not that size anyway. Put about another $4 - $5k with his $4k and you can get one.