Valve stem

/ Valve stem #11  
I think if the compression ring that fits on the valve stem and against the rim is plastic, then you have a tube inside. If it was tubeless, the ring would be steel or brass so you could tightened it tightly to compress the rubber seal inside.
It could be just air escaping from between the tube and the rim. I would watch it for a few days to see if the leak stops or if the air bubble changes to liquid escaping then for sure you have a leak.

When you put in the liquid ballast, did you put a jack under the tractor to keep the tire from squashing down flat. If you didn't, you may have pinched the tube when deflating the tire so you could add liquid.

/ Valve stem
Yes, I put a jack under it. When I checked it last night it didn't seem to be leaking any, but I didn't have enough air left in the tank to get it under any decent pressure. I'll check it next time I go out. If I have a tube then it is likely air escaping from around the tube. That makes sense regarding the nut being plastic means I probably have a tube.

/ Valve stem #13  
I may be wrong, but are you guys sure that stem is part of an inner tube? I have seen stems that look much like his, that are just stems. If so, he could install a rubber seal, washer and metal nut and hope for the best. Of course, if a tube is leaking, it isn't going to fix itself.

/ Valve stem
Just left John Deere and they said tire was originally tubeless and a stem was $46. They sent me to their tire shop down the street and they said there isn't a good way to tell unless the stem sucks in if it's deflated.

/ Valve stem #15  
Just left John Deere and they said tire was originally tubeless and a stem was $46. They sent me to their tire shop down the street and they said there isn't a good way to tell unless the stem sucks in if it's deflated.
Yep, that would do it.

/ Valve stem #16  
It's got a tube in it. sometimes they are stuck and won't suck in and if they can't look at it and tell if it has a tube or its tubeless they don't need to be fixing it. I will bet anything you want that picture you showed is a tube

/ Valve stem
I trust your opinion and when I told him about how you said it could be air and water trapped between tube and tire that is escaping, he acted like he never thought about that and said it could definitely be that and it turns out that was it. Valve is not leaking anymore after letting it sit a few days. Plowed about 4 acres earlier and the extra weight really made a difference.

/ Valve stem #18  
If there is a tube in the tire you have a leaking tube and the air if finding it's way out via the valve stem.

Tire repair tire. Get a new tube and valve stem etc.