Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Just wondering, if anyone but me uses dual tilt cylinders. I put a top and tilt on my Kubota about 12 years ago and have been really happy with the dual tilt cylinders.

I have float on one position of my (four position) control valve, and can use it with either the top cylinder or one of the tilt cylinders.

Anyway, using float with one of the tilt cylinders when plowing snow on a driveway that is not flat, with ups and downs, left and right side, works really well with the back blade that has gage wheels on it...

Just wondering if I am alone or if there are others out there doing the same thing... :)

Bill

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...
Oh, here is a picture of a test fit taken from an old thread I posted back when I was doing the project of building the T&T:

506168-A (15).jpg

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #3  
Oh, here is a picture of a test fit taken from an old thread I posted back when I was doing the project of building the T&T:

View attachment 461767

Bill, please explain what you personally gain by having both side links hydraulic?

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #4  
Bill many thx for the post. I found your 2004 build thread it is very interesting and useful.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #5  
Show off... :laughing: :D: I have thought about it but been happy (can get what I need) out of the one I have. Looks good thou...

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #6  
Bill, please explain what you personally gain by having both side links hydraulic?
Well ... I guess twice the range. Could rarely come in handy. :confused3:

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #7  
When a tilt is on only one side, that side can move up and down far more than the other side. The pivot is at the non-adjustable draft pin, not the center of the blade.

I can easily ditch cut or clean with my box blade using the right side of the blade, but not the left side.

Bruce

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #8  
When a tilt is on only one side, that side can move up and down far more than the other side. The pivot is at the non-adjustable draft pin, not the center of the blade.

I can easily ditch cut or clean with my box blade using the right side of the blade, but not the left side.

Bruce

Bruce, while the pivot is not centered, when the hitch is set up so that the ram is 1/2 way extended with the implement level, you get the same amount of degree tilt to either side. So you should be able to do the exact same procedure with either side.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #9  
I like it.

I've got a gravel driveway I reshape 2-3 times a year for a customer. It is steep as can be but they refuse to pave it. They hit the bottom hard in 2 wheel drive, wheels spinning which wash board it bad, and when it rains hard lots of the gravel ends up in the ditch. Due to a curve near the top, the pitch of the road changes from one side to the other. This set up would be great for that transition and pulling gravel out the ditch while only pulling material up the hill.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #10  
I like it.

I've got a gravel driveway I reshape 2-3 times a year for a customer. It is steep as can be but they refuse to pave it. They hit the bottom hard in 2 wheel drive, wheels spinning which wash board it bad, and when it rains hard lots of the gravel ends up in the ditch. Due to a curve near the top, the pitch of the road changes from one side to the other. This set up would be great for that transition and pulling gravel out the ditch while only pulling material up the hill.

True, but not needed. A single side link that is setup at 1/2 extension when level gets you everything that is needed for tilting left or right.