Loader How do I remove a john deere 440 loader from a john deere 1070 tractor?

/ How do I remove a john deere 440 loader from a john deere 1070 tractor? #1  

janelewbill

Tractor
John Deere 1070
I have a 1996 John Deere 1070 Tractor with a John Deere 440 loader. How do I remove it?

/ How do I remove a john deere 440 loader from a john deere 1070 tractor? #2  
I have a 404 loader on a JD 870 of about the same vintage. It comes off pretty easily.

First, find a hard, level spot. On a concrete slab is best - if the loader moves while it is off getting the hoses hooked up again is a pain.

Lower the bucket all the way to the ground. Then lift the little lever on the right-hand post up so it disconnects, and slide it forward. If you can't lift it up tip the bucket down a bit to be sure the lever is released.

Once you get the lever released, pull the control as if to lift the bucket. The part of the mount in front of the grill will lower to the ground, then the back arms will try to lift. If they catch you may need to bump them with something heavy, or pry a bit with a small bar to get them to release.

Once they release keep pulling the lift control as the arms tilt forward, and the bucket itself slides on the ground a bit. When the arms have move forward enough to keep them stable you can stop. Shut off the engine, and cycle the lift and bucket tilt control around several times until everything stops moving. If the arms try to come back to the tractor start up again and push then further upright.

When everything is settled in, you can unhook the hoses. There should be quick connect fittings that release when you pull the ring around the fitting toward the hose. There should be color coded dots near the fittings and caps on the hoses. If not, make sure you know which hose goes on which connector.

With the hoses disconnected you can back away from the loader.