Rookie 3pt question

/ Rookie 3pt question #1  

dirtymartini

Silver Member
Tractor
LS R4047 FEL & Backhoe
I have an LS R4047 and am trying to use the 3 pt hitch for the first time with a landscape rake. It seems like my 3 pt arms are not lowering all the way. This is as low as they will go. I may be missing something basic...? uploadfromtaptalk1459006509726.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459006577882.jpg

/ Rookie 3pt question #2  
looks ok to me... Neither of my tractors allow the lower link arms to touch the ground.

Are you unable to hook up the rake due to the arms not lowering far enough?

/ Rookie 3pt question #3  
The lift arms are adjustable and there is a second hole at the end of the arms to lower the links.

/ Rookie 3pt question #4  
What Dave said, many have similar settings on the down link or horizontal bar.

/ Rookie 3pt question
looks ok to me... Neither of my tractors allow the lower link arms to touch the ground.

Are you unable to hook up the rake due to the arms not lowering far enough?
I got the rake hooked but the rake won't always follow the ground contour. It seems like I need to adjust something to allow the rake to lower more. Sorry I know it's a rookie question.

/ Rookie 3pt question #6  
I got the rake hooked but the rake won't always follow the ground contour. It seems like I need to adjust something to allow the rake to lower more. Sorry I know it's a rookie question.

These things are often a mystery to new owners, so you are not alone. In addition to the hole mentioned, some have internal adjustments. Also you top-link ill influence how much float you get as well as the link from the top-link to the equipment.

/ Rookie 3pt question
These things are often a mystery to new owners, so you are not alone. In addition to the hole mentioned, some have internal adjustments. Also you top-link ill influence how much float you get as well as the link from the top-link to the equipment.
Thanks. I see the different holes for adjustment. It looks like everything is in the lowest position. I'll play around with the top link settings and see what happens. Last tractor I messed with was an old Ford - ferguson and that was over 35 years ago

/ Rookie 3pt question #8  
Stand on lower arms and see if your weight will make them go lower? Also, their is a knob that adjusts how fast the 3-point lowers, if it screwed in to tight the arms may not go all the way down.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Rookie 3pt question #9  
My guess is that you need to lengthen the top link

/ Rookie 3pt question #10  
The lift arms are adjustable and there is a second hole at the end of the arms to lower the links.

YES.

In greater detail:

The right and left Lifting Rods, which raise and lower the Lower Links, have stirrups at the bottom. Stirrups pin to the Lower Links. If you move the right and left pins to the lower holes on the left and right stirrups, rather than the default upper holes as shown in your second picture, Post #1, your Landscape Rake will lower 3" to 5" further.

Adjust the left pin first, using the Lifting Rod screw adjustment on the RIGHT Lifting Rod to put some slack in the LEFT SIDE. Second, move the right pin. It is best to lube the pins occasionally to make changing pin positions easier.

Changing Top Link adjustment will alter angle of attack of rake teeth but will do little to lower the rake.

Last edited: