/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #1  

man00

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota
IMG_0864.JPG
Chain is very tight

IMG_0863.JPG
Can't get it to drop all the way in for some reason.
Any advice?
thanks

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #2  
The only time mine does that is when an edge of the implement hitch frame snags an edge of the bottom hook, At a glance, it looks OK, but drops in if I kick it the right direction.

Bruce

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #3  
I think you need a swivel top link. (my no be the right name)
Certainly you can raise the top link hook on the QH but I don't think that will really solve your problem.

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #5  
I think we need more information:
- Have you ever hooked up this implement to this QH before? To me it appears the top link hook needs to be move up one position.
- Do you have other implements that require the top link hook to be at the current location?

I agree with bcp.

As a last resort, I also agree with Luke'sScreenName concerning that yoke. This implement may not be designed for a QH- assuming you have not hooked it up to the QH previously.

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #6  
I think we need more information:
- Have you ever hooked up this implement to this QH before? To me it appears the top link hook needs to be move up one position.
- Do you have other implements that require the top link hook to be at the current location?

All of my implements connect to the QH with the top link hook mounted in the upper most/highest position.

I agree with bcp.

As a last resort, I also agree with Luke'sScreenName concerning that yoke. This implement may not be designed for a QH- assuming you have not hooked it up to the QH previously.

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #8  
With the chain in there at the back, it shouldn't need the swivel link that Luke mentioned. The chain will provide the flex as long as the 3pt frame on the cutter side can pivot on the lower bolts attaching it to the deck.

If it's sitting properly in the lower hooks of the QH, it's simply a difference in vertical measurement between the hooks of the QH and the pins. Move the hook up to suit.

The amount it's up in the top hook is about the right amount too high as if the lower pins were sitting on the top edge of the lower hooks rather than properly down in the saddle of them.

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in
I used the cutter before but never notice the top link until now. The bottom pins when raised are setting all the way down in the hooks on the QH. I'm concern that the cutter may jump out of the top link

/ Quick Hitch Top Link doesn't go in #10  
I used the cutter before but never notice the top link until now. The bottom pins when raised are setting all the way down in the hooks on the QH. I'm concern that the cutter may jump out of the top link

Then the fix is to move the QH hook up a position. All of my QHs (have broken 2) seem to be designed to take the larger Cat 2 implement pins and this caused all of my implements to move around more than I liked. I am a bit OCD :). Bushing adapters are available to slide over the Cat 1 implement pins to take up some of the extra space provided by the QH's connections. All of mine came from Agri Supply. Bushings on the cutters two lift pins will also make it sit a bit higher and may provide some fine tuning of the space in the QH top link hook area if moving the hook up one position causes other issues.

If you have never been to an Agri Supply and one is within driving distance (90 miles for me), do yourself a favor and go there once and bring a truck or trailer. Pretty neat place that is setup like a warehouse. I always stumble across things I never knew I needed... I visit once every year or so- just because. Went there two weeks ago with a friend and he came back with a two bottom plow that was missing two attaching U-bolts for ~ 2/3 of the normal price. I ended up with a bunch of smaller items my local TSC is always out of and Agri Supply had them at a much lower price anyway.