Mowing troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #11  
Those are cheap mowers. You get what you pay for, if you get 5 years out of them, you have done well. Stay away from Hydro trannys. Manufacturers put very cheap Hydros in the cheap mowers and this would be the first part to fail. Expensive to rebuild/replace.

Nice mowers start at about $5K.

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #12  
Since Garden Way sold the rights to the Troy-Bilt name to MTD, everything Troy-Bilt has went downhill and fast. If it says 'Troy-Bilt' on the name plate, all it is, is an overpriced MTD (More Tools Desired) fall apart in a couple years high priced junk. The one exception to that is the MTD professional line of Zero Turn Mowers (I own an M60 Tank), but they ain't cheap. Nothing quality is, no matter who makes it.

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #13  
We did not get the waranty because I don't think it covers belts and blades. Blades are about $30 a pair and belts are about $30. If you replace a belt and blades every year that's about $60 per year.

The real question is how many rocks and fallen tree branches/stumps are you going to hit?? If your property is relative free of obstacles you should'nt need the warranty.

I've had four mowers over the last 30+ years >>>>>>>>>>they don't last forever.

Oops!
Got me worried now!
"they don't last forever"???
I still use my dad's 1972 15HP Briggs powered 42" Craftsman.
It is about to begin it's 44th season (I am 75 years old)
Never needed more than belts, oil, plugs, blades, and 2 front tires.
I estimate that it has mowed nearly 2000 acres, and much of that was not just smooth lawn.
I do agree, that a current day Craftsman would likely not last nearly as long.

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #15  
Does anyone know anthing about this mower at lowes. The reviews are good, looking for mower to handle 3 acres and some slope. Relibility is very important, gas milage also counts. I have been told to stay away from the john deere at l lowes because they are very cheap made. Troybilt seems to have the good reviews, but experience is the best teacher. Anything you can share about this mower is helpful. Not want to spend an arm and leg to mow if you know what I mean. I thought I would look at the dixon also. Thanks

The Deere D-series is probably the best of the "cheap" mowers but not by much... mostly a function of parts availability/dealer support/resale value. All of the cheap ones are built pretty similarly. The achilles heel of it, as well as the Troy-Built Super Bronco XP, is the Tuff Torq K40/K46... which are junk and not made to handle mowing 3 acres, nor slopes. If you insist on buying a new cheap mower, get a gear drive.

If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, you are looking at a used mower... and that's really the best option. Some of the better options in your price range (sometimes) are the Deere 345, GT235/245/255, etc. They have the heavy duty transmissions. The GX345 has power steering and a hydraulic deck lift.

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #16  
We did not get the waranty because I don't think it covers belts and blades. Blades are about $30 a pair and belts are about $30. If you replace a belt and blades every year that's about $60 per year.

The real question is how many rocks and fallen tree branches/stumps are you going to hit?? If your property is relative free of obstacles you should'nt need the warranty.

I've had four mowers over the last 30+ years >>>>>>>>>>they don't last forever.

It's not about belts or blades or the deck at all, or even the engine... it's about the $1200 crappy transmission puking its guts out at 100 hours.

/ troy-built xp super bronco 24 HP #17  
Does anyone know anthing about this mower at lowes. The reviews are good, looking for mower to handle 3 acres and some slope. Relibility is very important, gas milage also counts. I have been told to stay away from the john deere at l lowes because they are very cheap made. Troybilt seems to have the good reviews, but experience is the best teacher. Anything you can share about this mower is helpful. Not want to spend an arm and leg to mow if you know what I mean. I thought I would look at the dixon also. Thanks

Troy Built used to be a premium brand, but now they are just another mass market brand. They are no better or worse than most. Almost all are built by MTD or Husqvarna. They rarely last much more than 5 years or so.