Off Road Diesel

/ Off Road Diesel #31  
HA HA!

Sorry, but worrying about the difference in cost for three gallons is comical!

I MY case, I pay the going rate for on road diesel, because it costs me more than the difference to travel to the nearest place to buy cheaper off-road fuel.

Sorry, but I can't stop laughing....

Bill

/ Off Road Diesel #32  
HA HA!

Sorry, but worrying about the difference in cost for three gallons is comical!

I MY case, I pay the going rate for on road diesel, because it costs me more than the difference to travel to the nearest place to buy cheaper off-road fuel.

Sorry, but I can't stop laughing....

Bill

I'd have to drive about 3 miles from work and back to get ORD. 5 gallons lasts me several weeks. Not worth the expense, time, or hassle when an on-road pump is 1/2 way home. My cousin on the other hand, takes 400 gallons at a time. Delivered directly into the tractor every 2 days. Pays big time for him.

/ Off Road Diesel #33  
How to deal with these people?

Pull up to an Off Road diesel pump at a different store.

Being a big farming community a lot of the small "Mom & Pop" stores that sell "On Road" - also have a separate Off Road pump (Not the big chain places like Kroger, Sheets, etc though)

The most "trouble" I have is one place just asks for a name of who they sold it to & they have a little log book for Date, Amount, and Name. They never actually check an ID so I could be a different name to every clerk in there if I wanted to I guess.

/ Off Road Diesel #34  
In NC if you don't have a farmer tax exemption number then they charge you 6.75% sales tax on the off road diesel. That makes it the same or more than buying the on road diesel.

/ Off Road Diesel #35  
I bought 10 gallons of clear diesel yesterday,because my furnace oil tank is too low for my hand pump to pick it up.

/ Off Road Diesel #36  
Very rare to find off road here as the farmers get it delivered.

/ Off Road Diesel #37  
For as much as I use per year I buy green, where they sell alot of it...Come winter, better chance of getting winter blend at a place that sells alot.
Its worked out well so far, never had any water or crap in my fuel filter, I use howes lubricator year round..cheap, no gelling at -2F

/ Off Road Diesel #38  
Where I buy my ORD I just go to the pump and fill the cans, or the tractor, pay, and drive off, no questions ask.

I don't use much fuel to make any difference, but it's the point of it with me, I already pay too much tax to the state.