What tractor to buy

/ What tractor to buy #1  

rdmcavo

I want to replace my 8N with another used tractor. The reason is that when I pull my spring tine harrow with 13 Danish Sweeps I get bogged down if I go 6 or 8 inches deep. I thought I needed 4 wheel drive and a little more HP. I ran it this morning and my problem seems to be spinning the back wheels especially if the ground is moist. I did not stall the engine. I thought I needed 4 wheel drive at around the same HP. Now I'm not sure if I would be better off with a bigger heavier tractor with more HP or a 4 wheel drive with about the same HP. Any ideas?

Spring Tine.jpg
Spring Tine 1.jpg

/ What tractor to buy #2  
I am partial to Kubota L-series. Good machines and will last as long as the 8N.

/ What tractor to buy #3  
I want to replace my 8N with another used tractor. The reason is that when I pull my spring tine harrow with 13 Danish Sweeps I get bogged down if I go 6 or 8 inches deep. I thought I needed 4 wheel drive and a little more HP. I ran it this morning and my problem seems to be spinning the back wheels especially if the ground is moist. I did not stall the engine. I thought I needed 4 wheel drive at around the same HP. Now I'm not sure if I would be better off with a bigger heavier tractor with more HP or a 4 wheel drive with about the same HP. Any ideas?

View attachment 464070
View attachment 464071

Just a thought but maybe duals with the tractor you have will give you the traction you need. If you're spinning your wheels that says that you're not lacking HP you're simply lacking traction. I don't think 4WD would help much in pulling that plow as all the weight is on the rear so that's where you need more contact with the ground.

/ What tractor to buy #4  
4WD will certainly help,I could pull that with our 32HP Kubota with no problem.If you get too much traction with that 8N it's just going to go sky-ward.

/ What tractor to buy
Two things. I'm working just under an acre arena so I don't want to get too big. Also if I use duals I won't cover the tire tracks with the harrow. I do have a loader so that gives extra weight on the front end.

/ What tractor to buy
What HP would be good?

/ What tractor to buy #7  
4WD will certainly help,I could pull that with our 32HP Kubota with no problem.If you get too much traction with that 8N it's just going to go sky-ward.
Negative, a tractor will never flip over backwards when pulling off the 3pt hitch.

/ What tractor to buy #8  
Hello I have an 8n love it also have a Kubota L3830 all be honest I have tires on both machines loaded with beet juice when I first got the 8n some 17yrs ago they weren't loaded had a hard time pulling a single bottom plow wasn't stalling out just spinning out got the rear tires loaded back then with calcium chloride man what a difference it pulls great thanks hope this helps possibly chains also?