PTO

/ PTO #1  

Walking Ridge

Tractor
2005 TC33 Boomer
I have a New Holland TC33 Boomer tractor. I had been using the bush hog attachment and when I finished, I disengaged the PTO and turned off the tractor. Now when I try to start the tractor, the light for the PTO turns on and the tractor will not start because it thinks the PTO is still engaged. I can turn the shaft by hand, so I know it's not still engaged. Any suggestions? Thanks.

/ PTO #2  
The PTO engagement control on my Kubota B3300SU was mechanical, by a lever. I sometimes had to move the lever 2-3 times before the PTO would actually engage.

Is your PTO engagement electrical or mechanical?

/ PTO
It's a mechanical lever. I thought it might be the linkage needed adjusting, but now I don't think that's the problem.

/ PTO #4  
It obviously has a pto safety switch that is not satisfied.
Some owners will take advantage of the pto no start feature and leave their machines with the pto engaged to discourage casual thieves.
The switch could be near the lever or even in the transmission.
Sometimes repeatedly moving the pro lever will engage the switch but sometimes it needs either adjustment or replacement
Dave M7040

/ PTO #5  
The PTO engagement control on my Kubota B3300SU was mechanical, by a lever. I sometimes had to move the lever 2-3 times before the PTO would actually engage.

Is your PTO engagement electrical or mechanical?
What is wrong with the lever? Does it feel like its doing something or just wiggling?

/ PTO
There is nothing wrong with the lever. Something is causing the PTO light to stay on, so the tractor thinks the PTO is still engaged and won't let it start. I had a wire come unplugged in the past, while cutting tall brush and it did the same thing. This time the wire doesn't appear to be unplugged. I don't know what it could be this time.

/ PTO #7  
There is nothing wrong with the lever. Something is causing the PTO light to stay on, so the tractor thinks the PTO is still engaged and won't let it start. I had a wire come unplugged in the past, while cutting tall brush and it did the same thing. This time the wire doesn't appear to be unplugged. I don't know what it could be this time.
Yes, I know. I was referring to jeff9366 reply. ... For yours it could be the sensor switch - bad or jammed by debris - or bent out of adjustment by same.

/ PTO #9  
Thanks. Where is the sensor switch located and how do I tell if it's gone bad?

Agree with sensor failure, adjustment, etc. I seem to recall that LS makes a lot if not all of the Boomer series of tractors. You may want to post in the LS section.

/ PTO #10  
Thanks. Where is the sensor switch located and how do I tell if it's gone bad?
Trace from your lever back. The switch has to be operated by the linkage the lever moves. Usually the terminals are connected inside by the switch to allow starting. So short the terminals together externally to do that for sure. ... Alternately, pull one wire off to simulate the opposite [switch open] function.