Mowing CT 335 Wont Start

/ CT 335 Wont Start #1  

laen64

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 SST;FERRIS IS 1500Z 25hp 52"
I was mowing and put all controls (thought I did) in neutral, got off the seat and the engine died. I walked away to pick up my hat that flew off, and came right back, and it won't start. Turn the key and nothing. move all controls nothing. checked battery with charger all is good. Nothing. Any one have any suggestions. I called Bobcat to come out tomorrow.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #2  
I was mowing and put all controls (thought I did) in neutral, got off the seat and the engine died. I walked away to pick up my hat that flew off, and came right back, and it won't start. Turn the key and nothing. move all controls nothing. checked battery with charger all is good. Nothing. Any one have any suggestions. I called Bobcat to come out tomorrow.

Double check the PTO and associated safety switch . It thinks you got off the tractor with the PTO running. They won't crank with the PTO engaged either. Wiring failure, switch failure or PTO relay failure. Or.. wait for it... operator failure.:)

/ CT 335 Wont Start #3  
Go peddle position is also a trouble spot. I have gotten used to tapping it before each start. Look at each safety switch to see if something did not get caught in them. Be sure you have everything out of gear per the instruction manual.

You could also post this down in the Bobcat forum if you dont get and answer here.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #4  
Check the pedal switch underneath the floorboard. It has a contact point that can get debris in it and will cause the tractor to not start. It happens to me once or twice each year. It is probably a small twig or thick blade of grass.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #5  
You might also check the brakes. If you didn't set the parking brake lock before getting off,
the tractor would shut down. My CT335 will keep running with the PTO engaged when I
get off, as long as the parking brake is locked and the range lever is set to neutral. Since
you said that all controls were in neutral but didn't mention setting the parking brake, that's
the first thing that comes to mind.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #6  
Have you determined what the problem was?? Let us all know as the information
could be useful for others! Hopefully, the problem has been resolved.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #7  
If you have no power(try turn signals or hazard flashers) the battery cable may be cracked on the positive terminal. It will look connected but the ring under the clamp can erode and crack.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #8  
If you have no power(try turn signals or hazard flashers) the battery cable may be cracked on the positive terminal. It will look connected but the ring under the clamp can erode and crack.
I just had that happen last week.

/ CT 335 Wont Start #9  
I did a year or so ago
Luckily I had ordered some paste ( don't know the name of it off hand) James recommended and used it when I replaced it
I am hoping that this one lasts longer

Does anyone else know if Kioti uses the same chinsey cable that Bobcat does?

I look in almost every auto store for something I can use to replace it but so far no avail.......

/ CT 335 Wont Start #10  
I did a year or so ago
Luckily I had ordered some paste ( don't know the name of it off hand) James recommended and used it when I replaced it
I am hoping that this one lasts longer

Does anyone else know if Kioti uses the same chinsey cable that Bobcat does?

I look in almost every auto store for something I can use to replace it but so far no avail.......

No-Ox-Id. I am not saying it is the only oxidation protectant to use, but I have been using it since 1980 and it always works.. it also helps that I have a lot of it.:)

Electrical Contact Lubricant - Conductive Electrical Grease | Sanchem, Inc.

NO-OX-ID A-Special- Electrical Contact Grease- Keeps Metals Free of Rust and Corrosion- Part# 1;)3 - - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: NO-OX-ID Compound - Electrically Conductive Grease - 8oz Tube: Electronics