Big Dog 52 inch deck

/ Big Dog 52 inch deck #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
I've now posted several post about different riding tractors and talked to different repair shops about these tractors. Most of the time the engine will outlast the hydro tramission. Usually because the motor is stronger that the the tramission in pulling power. I know that Hustler is the better but Big Dog is part of Hustler. Big Dog has a 7 year warranty and heavy transmission motor . I'm going to take a look at the 52 inch Big Dog at a price of $3500 and will probably buy. I have mowed my 3 acreas with a push mower twice, the slopes were the worse. I was really tired and all out after finishing mowing. I don't want to do it again. I must make a discision. Anyone else have Big Dog?

/ Big Dog 52 inch deck #2  
I work at a college that uses almost exclusively Kubota grounds equipment. Last mower purchased was a Big Dog. They love it. It's been used for around three seasons (a LOT of mowing with multiple users, including students) and no problems. They love it. I think it's a 72" cut.

/ Big Dog 52 inch deck #3  
I just bought a Hustler, and Yes I did look at the Kubota, JD & Toro. But the thing that sold me, was valued to monies spent with the amount of upgrading equipment on the unit. For me the main concerns were the same as you. I did want a serviceable transmission, with a good quality engine. When all was done, I ended up with the Hustler Fastrac SD 48" and the Honda engine. Hydro was the T3100 with a filter, and Wide 20" tires plus the Fabricated deck. Your points were well taken, but the selling points for me were Thickness of the steal, how it was made, Where it is made, and who made all the parts Plus where were they made. Yes, I am in Canada, but USA parts are easier to get and I do not have 6 weeks to wait. Sorry to go on, But I hope this helps ~ I know it helps me to read and talk about it.
Cheers,