Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #1  

ahelling01

Tractor
john deere 950 4wd
Can anyone enlighten me on how to get different rear wheel tread spacings on a farmall 140? I have the wheels dished out now and they are at 64 on center. What I am not understanding from the manual is the tread lug being on the inside or outside and how you get different spacings that way.
Thanks

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #2  
They were available with different wheels and ways of doing it.

You need to post some picts., so we can see what one you have...

SR

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #3  
remember, you can swap wheels side to side when you dish, and some rims bolt to centers on 2 sides.

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #4  
Can anyone enlighten me on how to get different rear wheel tread spacings on a farmall 140? I have the wheels dished out now and they are at 64 on center. What I am not understanding from the manual is the tread lug being on the inside or outside and how you get different spacings that way.
Thanks

Good Morning ahelling01,
Just went out and checked my Super A and manual. You should be able to get spacing on rear tire centerline distances from 40" min to 88" max according to the manual. I have mine at 44" right now. As Soundguy points out you can swap wheels from side to side. I believe you can also flip the centers around to get wider spacing also. The tread lug can be on the inside or the outside of the centers to obtain different spacing also.

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #5  
yup, usually

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread
Thanks for the replies. After swapping the tires to different sides and swapping the dishes (twice) I was able to get the right spacing of 48 inches. Then I started on the front, which I wanted to widen as well. After getting everything loose it was impossible to pull out from its position. I have seen this predicament on other threads, but what I haven't been able to ascertain is if it is advisable to dish out the front tires on the 140?

/ Farmall 140 rear wheel tire tread #7  
You can. Is your front end pipe style? And stuck?

If yes, get the loosen juice out and soak her.