PTO possible Issue

/ PTO possible Issue #1  

Hjwatson920

Tractor
Kubota M6800 with a LA1002-68R loader
Hey Yall. thanks for adding me to this great community of people wanting to help people. I'm a new Kubota M6800 4x4 owner. I bought the tractor used with 897hrs on it. However, I have noticed that when I go to engauge the PTO even with the clutch pressed it will continue to spin. Not at full speed but just thinking that that is not right. If yall could give me an insite on this I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

/ PTO possible Issue #2  
I have noticed that when I go to engauge the PTO even with the clutch pressed it will continue to spin

?

I think you mean the pto shaft spins when it is not engaged. Is that right?

/ PTO possible Issue #3  
It is not entirely clear what you are trying to say. If you are saying that the PTO shaft turns even with the clutch in, this is normal behavior for a tractor with an independent PTO. The PTO shaft has its own clutch controlled by either a lever or switch in the cockpit. The foot clutch has no effect on the PTO output. If I misunderstood your question then disregard.

/ PTO possible Issue
no sir you are correct, sorry for my miscommunication. the only lever i have for the pto is the one to engage or disengage the pto. there are no other components next to it or switches on the dash. the only other levers by the pto engage is the 3 point up and down and the draft control which i'm not entirely sure what that is about but have been researching the site to see if there is any threads about it

/ PTO possible Issue #5  
it doesn't have to have a separate switch.. the lever itself may be all it has. for instance my NH 7610s has ind pto.. and it just has a lever.. etc.

/ PTO possible Issue #6  
I know nothing about your tractor personally, but Tractor Data lists it as an Independent PTO

TractorData.com Kubota M68 tractor information

I would highly recommend tracking down a copy of the owners manual for your tractor.

I wasn't new to tractors by any means but being used to old tractors; when we bough the CK last year the owners manual was worth gold learning how new / different features should be operated.

Good luck with your new ride.

/ PTO possible Issue
Thank you all. I have an owners manual on order should be arriving shortly. Thank you all and will keep you all posted

/ PTO possible Issue #8  
I have seen lots of PTO shafts (nothing attached to it) spin slowly but they can be held motionless by hand. I think it is just that the PTO clutch is a bit off or the hydraulic oil is a little thick when cold. Nothing wrong with your tractor as long as you can stop the motion by hand. All I have ever seen didn't have enough torque to spin an implement when attached.

/ PTO possible Issue
I have seen lots of PTO shafts (nothing attached to it) spin slowly but they can be held motionless by hand. I think it is just that the PTO clutch is a bit off or the hydraulic oil is a little thick when cold. Nothing wrong with your tractor as long as you can stop the motion by hand. All I have ever seen didn't have enough torque to spin an implement when attached.

Well it has enough torque when it engaged the PTO it will spin the blades on my 7' shredder

/ PTO possible Issue #10  

Yeah, there are lots of older tractors that do that. The trick is determining *IF* you can stop it by hand *SAFELY*. Be careful what you grab.