Got the first 10 hours on it.

/ Got the first 10 hours on it. #1  

Deezl Smoke

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota B2650
On my B2650, FEL, backhoe, I now have a little over 10 hours. I also bought a 60" Land Pride finish mower and love it.

So far, the backhoe and loader have been flawless and absolutely love the quick attach system of Kubota. The Deere may be a couple seconds quicker on the loader, and I do have to deal with 2 separate stands, but compared to years past with big wrenches and other shortfalls, these new quick attach systems are awesome. No tools 3 point install is about 3 minutes from start to stop removing the backhoe and installing the 3 point. That is if you have the swing links set up already to their proper length. And that's just going at a leisure rate of an old man. A young man with agility and no arthritis could probably halve that.

The loader and bucket are very strong and seem well built for the size, so far. I have hit a few concrete nubs while grading with it and it has not bent or torn apart in any way. (thankfully) I do miss the self leveling loader of the larger tractors on the farm though.

The backhoe has the mechanical thumb, which now that I have actually used the thumb for moving concrete blocks and wood poles, I must make it hydraulic. But all that have seen it run are quite impressed with it's capacity. I would have never guessed it could do so much work so quick. But after having a few Brason owners run it, they agree, the BH77 on the 2650 is a much faster operating hoe. I did however switch the controls from JD to Cat. Just a simple hose swap and the hoses and ends were just fine in length and orientation.

One thing I will tell you, I am so happy that I chose a tractor with turning brakes. I've always had them on farm tractors my whole life, and when mowing, I use them. I personally, would never consider a tractor without turning brakes. That's my personal opinion for how I do things, not a dig on those that dont use them or dont have them on an HST tractor.

Oh, I also put a Kubota canopy on it and it fits perfect for running the backhoe too.

So other than the entry step and steering column being a bit flexy, it has been a great 10 hours so far. Looking forward to buying a rototiller next.

Thanks.

/ Got the first 10 hours on it. #2  
So far, so good you say. If it wears as good as mine (470 hrs), you'll have to stop by the Dealer now and then just to have coffee so as to keep up their acquaintance.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
   / Got the first 10 hours on it.
So far, so good you say. If it wears as good as mine (470 hrs), you'll have to stop by the Dealer now and then just to have coffee so as to keep up their acquaintance.
Cheers,
Mike

Salesman stopped in yesturday morning. He was on his way back from a sale and wanted to see how things were going. I thought that was right nice of him.

/ Got the first 10 hours on it. #4  
Salesman stopped in yesturday morning. He was on his way back from a sale and wanted to see how things were going. I thought that was right nice of him.

Nice of him . . Yes. Smart of him . . Absolutely.

/ Got the first 10 hours on it. #5  
That dealer is worth as much as the machine . Sounds better than most of what we hear about dealers .