How do I start and operate this 1959 Ford Powermaster 841?

/ How do I start and operate this 1959 Ford Powermaster 841? #1  

KansasCity

Tractor
1959 Ford Powermaster 841
Okay, new user here. Hello!

This is my first tractor, so please be nice if what I'm about to say is obvious to you seasoned folks. Also, I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

To make a short story long, through a death, I'm the new owner of what seems to be a nice Ford Powermaster 841.

image.jpeg

The previous owner told me two things about it before he died:
  1. Where the key was hidden in the shed
  2. How he turned off the gas by tightening a screw near the carb and I'd need to undo it

I found the key, so I'm doing good so far. I took a look at the tractor and the carb but stopped right there.

Question #1 - Carburetor
Does anyone know what screw this might be?
image.jpeg

Question #2 - Operation
The previous owner thought this was the proper shift pattern. Can anyone confirm?
image.jpeg

Question #3 & 4 - Operation
I assume left foot petal is the clutch, the right two petals are left and right brake? How about the other levers? PTO, 3point height?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Gents! I can provide additional clarification if needed.

-KansasCity

/ How do I start and operate this 1959 Ford Powermaster 841? #3  
Okay, new user here. Hello!

This is my first tractor, so please be nice if what I'm about to say is obvious to you seasoned folks. Also, I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

To make a short story long, through a death, I'm the new owner of what seems to be a nice Ford Powermaster 841.

View attachment 466837

The previous owner told me two things about it before he died:
  1. Where the key was hidden in the shed
  2. How he turned off the gas by tightening a screw near the carb and I'd need to undo it

I found the key, so I'm doing good so far. I took a look at the tractor and the carb but stopped right there.

Question #1 - Carburetor
Does anyone know what screw this might be?
View attachment 466838

Question #2 - Operation
The previous owner thought this was the proper shift pattern. Can anyone confirm?
View attachment 466839

Question #3 & 4 - Operation
I assume left foot petal is the clutch, the right two petals are left and right brake? How about the other levers? PTO, 3point height?
View attachment 466840

View attachment 466841

View attachment 466842

View attachment 466843

Thanks Gents! I can provide additional clarification if needed.

-KansasCity

#1. The fuel shut off is on the bottom of the fuel tank. It is on the glass fuel bowl strainer.
#2. The shift pattern should be embossed on the top of the transmission cover.
#3 & 4. The clutch is on the left side (single) the right and left brakes are on the right side. The PTO is by your left heel while sitting on the tractor. Push down the clutch to engage the lever. If the clutch has a noticeable two positions then you have live PTO power. That is push the clutch all the way down to stop the PTO. Push partially down to stop the tractor to shift/stop and the PTO will continue turning. Not sure if the 841 has live PTO. Some do. The 3 point lift is next to your right hip while sitting on the tractor. The draft control is against the transmission housing on the right side.

Hope this helps.

/ How do I start and operate this 1959 Ford Powermaster 841?
Very nice reference, that's going to be invaluable! Thanks Foodplot.

/ How do I start and operate this 1959 Ford Powermaster 841?
coralhead, thanks very much!