How many hours you put on your compact each year?

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #11  
300 to 500 a year. Haven't got to 600 per year yet.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year?
Funny thing is Mike, I don't feel like I'm ever on the tractor at 200+ hours a year. You have to remind your wife that the actual hours are way higher as most tractors use a Hobbs type hour meter based on engine RPM using di-fractional interpolated systolic perbuberence so mention that. You can also add that your so proficient at tractor operating, that it is like a 2 to 1 ratio on the hours thing. Also explain about the convienence factor if like for example a new refrigerator comes, a new washer or heck even a new vacuum cleaner and the delivery man has no lift gate or ramps, you just mention that it's a non issue as you have a tractor quite capable of dealing with it. You just need to work this stuff in and make it look more advantageous to them then they realize. No need to thank me for the advice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #13  
I didn't have the luxury of an hour meter on my last tractor. But my latest, a TC-40D was delivered to me on Oct. 28, 2003. I now have 126 hours on it in roughly 4 months. That's a pretty good start. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #14  
Useage has averaged about 80 hours per year over the last 16 years. Typically 15 to 20 hours of that is in the winter for snow removal. Primary use is mowing, with between 30 minutes to 1 hour per mow.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #15  
Had my JD delivered just over a year ago and it now has 81 hours, I expect to put about 100 per year on it in the future as the longer I have it the more tasks I invent to use it for.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #16  
Year is up in 2 days, showing 331 hours, but haven't used it much in the last two months while I work on a remodeling project. Just fired it up today for the first time in about 3 weeks, used it as a portable scaffold while putting on Tyvek wrap and HardiPlank siding.

Before I bought it, I didn't have clue how much I'd use it, but I'm not surprised. Anticipate using it 400 - 500 hours in the next year; at least 300 hours per year after that.

Don't have any grass to mow, yet, may never use it for finish mowing (also have a couple of yard tractors). Have done some brush hogging.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #17  
<font color="blue"> In trying to justify the purchase to my wife I was only thinking I would use it about 50 to 75 hours a year. 200 would go a long way towards my cause. Keep that dollar per hour down </font>

Poppa,
Don't forget to consider that the CUTs hold their value very well. Based on current value, my 16 year old JD 755 is worth $3,500 less than what I paid for it in 1988. I remember struggling at the time with the decision to buy something so expensive but it is one of the best things I ever bought. At $220 per year plus normal maintenance, its hard to beat the value especially when you consider the work they do.

Jeff

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #18  
My 2710 has 509 hours in 4 years and 11 months.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ....its hard to beat the value especially when you consider the work they do.

Jeff )</font>

My thoughts exactly. With all the work I need to do, it will pay for itself in about 2 years. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #20  
Rat, I took delivery of my Kioti CK20HST on January 26 and I already have 120 hours. If I keep this up I'll be over 700 in a year. John