How many hours you put on your compact each year?

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #21  
I have 310 hours in a year and a half (no mowing). I probably am using it much more than I thought,........ and not as much as I want /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Greg

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #22  
Bought the 4310 on January 10, 2003 and have put 345 hours on it since then. Got the tractor the same day that we closed on a new house. Cleared and graded three lots since then. I presently put about 10 hours a month on it. No mowing, just loader and BB work. I only have 1.25 acres right now but plan to move North in about a year and aquire more land. I expect that it will get more use then.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #23  
I put about 100 hours on my new Kubota M9000 this first year and about 250 each year on my Cat skid steer. I expect that to change since I built a special machine for cleaning out my barns. I will probably have much less time loading material with the skid steer and more time on the tractor pulling my automatic cleaner and tiller. Will I sell the skid steer? No way! The tractor and skid steer both do things better that the other. Two are better than one.

Oops neither one are CUTS. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifWell they are tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #24  
I always thought to have more hours but I dont use the PTO's for now. I'm using the FEL and 3pt attachments and I only have 45 hours on a JD 4100 I picked up last year.
I also have a Cub 3204 ( Garden tractor) purchased also last year , which gets the mowing and snow throwing duty and thats up to 65 hours...so if I had the 4100 as my mower, blower , and FEL I guess I would be at 100-150 a year...
They have done lot's of work for me so far, and I have years left of steady work - or fun?

Duc

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #25  
In 2 days I will have had my BX1800 for a full year. I have 80 hours on it with about 10-15 of that this Winter. Although we had a fair amount of snow this year, I can clean everything up in about an hour (and of course that is at reduced RPM's) so it doesn't add up fast.

I expected about 100 hours a year, so I guess I am somewhat under that. Of course I had figured in mowing each week at my other property which I didn't do as I still haven't been able to purchase a larger trailer so I don't like to haul any more than I have to.

Bottom line, it is all good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #26  
My neighbor has had the same tractor for over 25 years. He has 4.5 acres. He keeps it cut with a rotary cutter, plows/tills a garden, does other things like that. He even had a little combine once (I think that is what you call it), to harvest a couple acres of wheat he planted. He makes square bales of hay sometimes. So he does use his tractor.

Last summer we were talking across the tractors (parked facing opposite, like Bird used to when wearing his badge, and talking to that officer from the next town) and he looks at his hour meter and says “won’t be long 'till I have a thousand hours on ‘er.”

He bought it new, uses it when he wants to. It’s a 38 pto hp tractor, gasoline engine. For all I know he may run it at 25% rpm all the time.

Point being, it might be hard to use expected hours of use to meaningfully justify a tractor purchase. It all boils down to our own needs and wants. The hours someone else puts on their tractor is just that, I think. Someone else's hours.

Still, if using hour-use estimates would help turn a tractor dream into reality, I certainly would use them to my benefit! I think I average about 150 hours per year on my larger tractor. Won’t know for sure until July rolls around.

Now a question.

Do hours when the tractor is not running count as "use hours?" I can spend a whole day working with the tractor, some of the time it may be turned off, while I am throwing stuff in the loader bucket after cutting a downed tree into manageable pieces, etc.

I say most certainly this is tractor use, and so to get the real number to use for “Tractor Purchase Justification," one needs to do the following calculations:

Estimate annual tractor hour-meter hours

Multiply this number by two, to account for tachometer-driven hour meters. This new number represents “seat time” hours.

Multiply seat-time hours by at minimum 2 (use a larger number if greater justification is needed). This represents time the tractor is away from its normal parking place, therefore in use.

Conclusion: True tractor "use time" at minimum is four times what the tractor hour meter accumulates! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hope this helps (anyone who needs to) justify that tractor purchase! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #27  
We don't need John Deere to re-invent the CUT, we have Henro (Bill). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #28  
136 hours since bought in Sept of 02. Used it a lot at first and now snow plowing, clean some ditches (coming up) and hog mow (16hrs) which is twice, summer and early fall. I don't see myself, now that I'm pretty much causght up, of adding a lot of hours..

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #29  
B2400 is about 3 years old and has almost 700 hours on it so I suppose I fall into the 200-250 hours a year category. I use it for finish mowing, pasture mowing, tilling, spraying, FEL work, blading, PHDing, log hauling, etc, etc. How many hours of backbreaking work has that little orange beauty saved me ... thousands and I can't put a dollar value on that.

/ How many hours you put on your compact each year? #30  
"USED IT AS A PORTABLE SCAFFOLD...." /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jeez, I had loaned out my ten foot industrial step ladder to one of my in-laws so I could not finish hanging my new gutters as I didn't want to balance atop my shorter ladders, and while I thought about using my JD and loader for a substitute ladder......

Well, let me say I didn't want to experience something that I could post in the Safety forum, so I just put a hold on that project until I got my ladder back.