5 ft tiller

/ 5 ft tiller #1  

Foxl3830

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota l3830,Ford 8N
Question I have a L3830 Kubota with r4 tires and rears are 17.5Lx24 it about 72 to74" wide my owners Manule says to only use a 5 ft tiller but there only 60" wide? I found a king kutter tiller its 5 ft (60") wide can you off set the tillers to cover one tire track I have 0 expirenced in tillers before I buy or get a 5ft or should I go with a 6 ft I believe my tractor can handle a 6 ft but if I can offset the 5 ft I'd be ok with that. Up till now I always plowed and disk food plots but the more I here I can just till and then plant any in put would be appreciated thanks for reading and responding Thanks!

/ 5 ft tiller #2  
The 5' King Kutter doesn't offset.
Most you can do is try to angle it more to one side, then it may not till as well angled.
Go with the 6'.
I run a 6' King Kutter II tiller on my 34 HP, 28.3 PTO HP tractor and it handles it fine

/ 5 ft tiller #3  
I have a 60" king kutter tiller on my 18 pto hp massey. It handles it just fine and I run it at about 1700 rpm and 540 pto is at 2500. You are going to be able to handle a 72" tiller just fine. Ed

/ 5 ft tiller #4  
If this is your tractor:

TractorData.com Kubota L383 tractor information

I would not hesitate for a moment to use a 72" tiller.

Maybe this formula does not scale, but I have 18 PTO HP and use a 47" tiller without any issue. If you divide (18 x 47) and multiply that result by 72 you come up with about 28 HP for a 72" tiller.

/ 5 ft tiller
Thanks every one for input really helped I believe I'm going with a 6ft thanks again. Can't wait to use it and not have to plow then disk food plots,I'm going to keep my plow and disk in case I open new plots on virgin ground thanks!