Need help choosing between these two pressure washers.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers.
Thanks for the warnings. The residual grease is an issue with the dogs so I think I'll get a 100 ft length of 3/4' hose and stretch around to where the dogs don't go. There isn't much grease coming off my stuff but you never know and any little bit in the house would put us all in the dog house.

While I haven't used it yet, I'm glad I bought it. The price was excellent and not much more than the lesser one I planned to buy. Plus it's always good to buy local. The guy has everything I would ever need, is there for advice or warranty and turns out we share common acquaintances. Plus he's a nice guy.

He also has his four pressure washer rules. 1) Never, ever loan it out and no exceptions. 2) Protect from freezing and longer storage by blowing the water out when done and using pump oil, 3)Never let the machine run without water going through the pump--trigger pulled and 4) Always turn the water on before you start the engine.

I heard about the red tip. I need to practice with this machine before I get serious. You really could do some damage.

One further question on this. I bought a 100 ft 3/4" garden hose to use for the inlet but the generic owner's manual says to keep the hose under30ft. Does anyone know anything about the length of the inlet hose from the house to the washer? Should I go with 25' or 50' or even 100' ?

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #34  
The general rule is you are better to have a longer high pressure outlet hose and a shorter inlet (garden hose) to maximize performance and reduce the chance of cavitation of the pump due to pour GPM. I run 150' of high pressure hose and there is a little tiny bit of pressure drop but you have more than enough GPM and PSI I doubt you will really notice it. I only run about 4' of 1" hose with high flow connectors from my tank to pressure washer and that allows me to run a 25' garden hose to the tank( float valve equipped)

I believe they are mainly concerned with the pressure and flow drop at longer lengths thus recommend a shorter run.

Thanks. I'm going to try to find a 25' garden hose for inlet and I'll also get a second 50' outlet hose for a 100' outlet total. That should reach whatever I want to and keep the inlet GPM up to snuff.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #37  
One further question on this. I bought a 100 ft 3/4" garden hose to use for the inlet but the generic owner's manual says to keep the hose under30ft. Does anyone know anything about the length of the inlet hose from the house to the washer? Should I go with 25' or 50' or even 100' ?

A long 3/4" hose isn't going to be a problem. It is likely as large as the pipes for the water leading to your spigot. As long as you have adequate GPM at the end of the hose it will be fine. I use mine on a 100' 3/4" hose all the time and the spigot I connect it to is plumbed with 3/4" PVC and is over 200' away from the well. The point of that recommendation is they don't want you using a long tiny garden hose choking down the flow before it gets to the pressure washer,