Need help choosing between these two pressure washers.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I'm going to order one of these tomorrow and could use a little help from those that know more. What I would like is a Honda commercial engine, a CAT pump and 50 ft of hose with a good warranty. My goal is to use around the house, wash farm equipment, concrete and maybe some greasy equipment.

The first is 3300 psi, 2.5 gpm, a CAT pump but only 25 ft of hose. $719 delivered.
Pressure-Pro PPS2533HCI Professional 3300 PSI Gas Cold-Water Aluminum Frame Pressure Washer w/ Honda Engine & CAT Pump

The second is 4000 psi, 3.3 gpm, a brand "X" pump and 50 ft of hose. Approx $805 delivered.
SIMPSON PowerShot 4, PSI Commercial Gas Pressure Washer - Powered by Honda - Sam's Club

The first one I like but I don't want to buy a separate hose to replace the 25 ft one. It would do the job and has the desired CAT pump. I like it.

The second one has lots more power, more everything, 50 ft of hose but a pump of unknown quality. That pump concerns me. But then, a purchase from Sam's Club means I can take it back and get another if it fails.

Any thoughts from those who know pressure washers? I'm leaning towards the second one for $805. Any advice welcome.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #2  
I bought one very similar at Sam's 15 or 20 yrs ago and it is still going strong. Price is down to $749 online with free shipping

Jeff

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #3  
Honda engine and Cat pump. That'd be my choice for a long lasting unit. More GPM is generally a good thing, but between those two, Id take the known commodity of the CAT pump, unless you can confirm the pump brand/quality of the Sams unit.

The wand and hose can be all upgraded at a later time.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #5  
Clean water and plenty of supply pressure will do a lot for pump life. Gritty water is obvious. Low supply pressure leads to cavitation in the pump.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #6  
Honda engine with cat pump.I have the same problem free combo for the last 7 years mine is 4,000 psi.Remember when you store the washer for any length of time to use pump lube.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #7  
We work on exterior of buildings and frequently use pressure washers. I purchased a Simpson 18 years ago and still going strong today so we have stuck with them. Simpson is very respected in this neck of the woods. I dont know what pump it came with but I would be willing to go out on a limb and say its worthy. I paid something like $ 3,500 for it back then. We wanted a commercial grade washer and this one has not disappointed at all. Just the opposite, it has been Ol' Faithful. I was really struggling forking out that kind of money for a pressure washer but glad I did. Over the years, we have purchased some of the less expensive ones and they just cant hang with the commercial grade. I'm certainly not suggesting the other one is inferior, I'm really not familiar with them as much as the Simpson so I cant speak for that one. The problem back then was the constant pumping. If you didnt hold the trigger down, the pump would burn up very quick. I think that has been resolved now but I would certainly inquire about it if there is actual Customer Support/Tech. Good luck.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers.
Great advice in these posts. Thank you.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #9  
For the money I would go with he Simpson - even though it is not a "CAT pump" there are a lot of other good pumps out and that one has a AAA pump (simpsons own pump)
Most people seem to like them and get good service out of them. You are going to want some more GPM and PSI for grease and oil especially if cleaning concrete and this one has a good bit more than the first one.
As for the pressure pro if you contact them they maybe able to substitute a long hose for a fee. When I ordered my last commercial unit I was able to switch the 50' hose to 100 for a very reasonable cost.

/ Need help choosing between these two pressure washers. #10  
For the money I would go with he Simpson - even though it is not a "CAT pump" there are a lot of other good pumps out and that one has a AAA pump (simpsons own pump)
Most people seem to like them and get good service out of them. You are going to want some more GPM and PSI for grease and oil especially if cleaning concrete and this one has a good bit more than the first one.
As for the pressure pro if you contact them they maybe able to substitute a long hose for a fee. When I ordered my last commercial unit I was able to switch the 50' hose to 100 for a very reasonable cost.
Good advice.