Loader Loader and brush hog at same time?

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #1  

Nellie08

Tractor
Kubota BX 25D
Hello.
New here very impressed with the advice I have read. Just bought a new Kubota B2601 with a 4' Land Pride brush cutter. Can I cut with the FEL on? or do I need to remove the entire loader assembly every time I want to mow. The tractor/loader will be stored on gravel not a concrete flat surface.
A lot to learn on this, very excited.

Thanks all.

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #2  
I leave the loader on if I am mowing areas with heavy brush and small trees where I don't want the front of the tractor torn up. In areas with tight turns and larger trees I take the bucket off for easier maneuvering. I use my bucket almost daily and even with the quick disconnect I generally leave it on. Just depends on the circumstance. In all my years of tractor ownership, over 45 years and 18 units, I do not ever remember taking the whole loader frame off for any reason, just the bucket.

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #3  

Attachments

• IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 441
   / Loader and brush hog at same time? #4  

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 319
   / Loader and brush hog at same time?
Thanks Utopia.
Man that Ratchet Rake would help me out a lot in the N.W woods where I live. Lots of Vine Maple.

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #6  
You can order a Ratchet Rake from the T-B-N store. Beware, one of the two RR buttons within the store is inoperative. (Go to top of this page.)

Last edited:
   / Loader and brush hog at same time? #7  
I have some hills, so i always leave the FEL on and even add in several buckets of rocks for counter balance..

Brian

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #8  
Absolutely leave my FEL on when I bush hog. It helps knock down high growth and provides counterweight. I actually will sometimes carry some sort in the bucket for more weight.

Will

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #9  
FEL and bucket on here. In tall grass that I havent cut before I lower the bucket to catch stumps, rocks and other non-mowables to save damage.

/ Loader and brush hog at same time? #10  
Hello.
New here very impressed with the advice I have read. Just bought a new Kubota B2601 with a 4' Land Pride brush cutter. Can I cut with the FEL on? or do I need to remove the entire loader assembly every time I want to mow. The tractor/loader will be stored on gravel not a concrete flat surface.
A lot to learn on this, very excited.

Thanks all.

Loader and brush bull are frequently working together in my life.

26428985046_b88bccb302_o.jpg