Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level.....

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #1  

Stanley B

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 BX25D
I just got my almost brand new BX25 back from the dealership.....the lower seal blew on the lower backhoe boom and they repaired it under warranty.....I checked the hydraulic fluid level before I loaded the tractor up...looks like the fluid was about a 1/4" above the full mark.....this was with a cold engine, loader on the ground, and backhoe had the pins in place to keep the boom from moving....I'm wondering if I should take an old turkey baster and suck some of the fluid back out before using the backhoe again?....most fluids expand a little when hot and I don't want to blow another seal....it's a 35 mile round trip to the dealer......the manual just says to" park on a firm, flat and level surface and lower the implement to the ground and pull out the dipstick to make sure the oil level is between the low/high mark".......it doesn't say to check it with a warm/cold engine......should the backhoe boom be lowered to the ground also??....

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #2  
don't worry about it it won't hurt anything to be a little over full

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #3  
Stanley B,

It would take you 2 minute to suck some out to a little container and then save it. Run the unit for awhile and then rest it and check it again. They may have added some extra because it will work its way into areas with air or whatever. It takes only 30 seconds to check your level afterward and put the little container amount part back inor all vack in.

My point is very simple . . a 2 minute uncertainty can haunt you for days of uncertainty and concern. That 2 minutes spent is peace of mind for weeks of concern. Just do it. I'd say different if it was an hour and a half of effort . . but its 2 minutes :)

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #4  
don't worry about it it won't hurt anything to be a little over full

Mine was a bit high when I bought it and I have always had it a little high after both times I changed it. Wont hurt a thing, don't worry about it at all.

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #5  
be wasting two minutes it will never be right on the mark, every time you use the hydraulics it changes

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #6  
be wasting two minutes it will never be right on the mark, every time you use the hydraulics it changes

My point is real simple . . . Its a concern of the op . . . and if in 2 minutes you eliminate the concern and lingering thoughts about it . . its 2 minutes well invested.

In addition . . . the op had a problem with a blown hydraulic seal . . . so it is completely natural he would be extra cautious. Peace of mind is worth 2 minutes imo.

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level.....
My point is real simple . . . Its a concern of the op . . . and if in 2 minutes you eliminate the concern and lingering thoughts about it . . its 2 minutes well invested.

In addition . . . the op had a problem with a blown hydraulic seal . . . so it is completely natural he would be extra cautious. Peace of mind is worth 2 minutes imo.

It's no problem at all to suck a little out with a new turkey baster.....you're right,..... easy and I don't want to have another seal blow out and kick myself later if I ignored it....a real PIA to take it back for that problem again

/ Checking BX25D Hydraulic Fluid Level..... #8  
take some out if it makes you feel better but that's not what caused the seal to blow out. it was either a bad seal or pump is putting out to much pressure, the tractor housing just holds the oil