Oil & Fuel Fluid Film

/ Fluid Film #1  

number9L

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
WOW, there should be a sticky about this stuff!

Ran across mention of Fluid Film here and found Lowes carries it. Picked up 2 cans and used it on everything that doesn't have a grease zerk on my tractor. 3pt lift arms, HF QH levers and linkage, seat rails and suspension, every linkage joint under the tractor, etc. this stuff ROCKS! Everything it's applied to works as smooth as ice on glass. The controls on my tractor have never worked as smooth and slick.

I've used other lubricants - WD40 (sucky lube actually), liquid wrench, PB Blaster, etc but nothing comes close to Fluid Film.

/ Fluid Film #2  
Yeah, FF is definitely one of those things that you always want to have available once you try it. I coat the inside of my snowblower chute. It uses a quite a bit, but if it saves one or two major blockages its worth it.

/ Fluid Film #3  
There have been lots of FF comments and I think there are a few threads on it. FF is definitely great stuff. For me, I use it where I don't want things to rust. I use regular JD spray lube on basic tractor and implement lube stuff but anything with FF on it is not going to rust. My fertilizer items get cleaned after use, sprayed with FF and 15 years later look almost unused.

/ Fluid Film #4  
Yep, good stuff. I have been hooked on it since I requested a trial can. They sent me a small can of it, and soon I was buying more.:)

/ Fluid Film #5  
Be sure to shake the can well. The chemical composition of FF makes it thicken when it sits. (There is a special chemical name for it but I can't remember!) Once shaken, FF returns to normal consistency.

My preference is to buy it in gallon cans for a considerable per/oz savings. Then use an squirt oil can to dispense it. It is a bit too thick for a water squirt bottle.

FF can be thinned with motor oil, which I have done before with 0-20W. But it attracts more dust and dirt.

The bright face of a plow was sprayed with FF in the fall and next spring it was still rust-free. I also coat any hydraulic cylinder's bright shafts when they won't be used for a while. On a backhoe, there is no way to retract all of the cylinders.

/ Fluid Film #6  
I bought some a few years ago after reading about it o here too, and love it. I no longer buy WD40, but I always have a can of Fluid Film in my truck and in my shop. The smell is very unique!!!!

/ Fluid Film #8  
A little goes a long way. It will creep for months, covering a larger area. I sprayed the inside of my truck doors, and it continued to creep outside and around the doors painted surface for over a year. I would wash it off, and within a couple months it would be back, slowly moving up the outside of the doors. So I know it's coating the inside of the doors. Good stuff!
I use it on my water hydrant by my barn. Spray a little on the handle hinge area, and on the vertical rod, then open the hydrant and repeat. Works smooth as silk and lasts many months.

/ Fluid Film #9  
Does fluid film dry and does dust and dirt stick to it

/ Fluid Film #10  
It will creep for months, covering a larger area. I sprayed the inside of my truck doors, and it continued to creep outside and around the doors painted surface for over a year.

That's awesome to know. I got a "new" truck a couple months ago and am planning on doing it up with FF this fall. Not sure if I should just use cans (at $10 each) or invest in some underbody sprayers and gallon jugs or what exactly. Starting with the cans.

So far, I sprayed at the clamp-on wheel weights hoping it would weep under and not corrode the aluminum wheels. I mostly wanted to see what FF was like....