Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor?

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Considering all the angst and disappointment over TIER IV diesel engines and tractors, is it time for a manufacturer to bring back a gas engine tractor? I mean, they worked well for lots of years under lots of conditions.

My understanding is that Kubota currently sells gas engines to repower diesel tractors?

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #4  
Carefull. Somebody will use thier experience with 1960's gasoline and diesel tractors to make a decision in 2016.
Since the EPA was unsuccessful in it's efforts to make the Tier IV diesel too expensive to purchase and operate. Tier V diesel regulations are on their way.

Some people are not familiar with light duty, medium duty and HD operation.

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #6  
Would not be surprised to see these in carrier transicold units. I might even venture to say it was part the reasoning for the new line. It's hard enough cramming it all in a little box but add a lot of emissions to it also would be a lot. I believe they use Kubota diesels in those.

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #7  
If they make a F.I. gasoline engine, it may be ok, they seem to stand up to the ethanol gas without varnishing up. I would never buy a gasoline tractor with a carb. I do hope the ones I have last me a lifetime. Stricter gov. regulations and more BS might make my interim tier IV more valuable in the future.
I would think that engine manufacturers could come up with a diesel that meets the federal requirements and not cause a ton of BS with urea, regen etc to aggravate the user.

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #8  
If they make a F.I. gasoline engine, it may be ok, they seem to stand up to the ethanol gas without varnishing up. I would never buy a gasoline tractor with a carb. I do hope the ones I have last me a lifetime. Stricter gov. regulations and more BS might make my interim tier IV more valuable in the future.
I would think that engine manufacturers could come up with a diesel that meets the federal requirements and not cause a ton of BS with urea, regen etc to aggravate the user.

The manufactures are no more able to break the laws of physics than you or I are able to.

/ Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #9  
   / Is it time for a gasoline engine tractor? #10  
Our Troybuilt already HAS a gas engine.