Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #21  
Tractors have to be split from time to time. Why would your machine be any less because it had been split?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #22  
Had my tractor back at the dealer in 1 wk. they split it and put in new up grade seals it still leaked they order a new transmission took the tractor back and installed it ( offered me a loner in the mean time) and 300 hrs. later I have no signs of leaks.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #23  
Tractors have to be split from time to time. Why would your machine be any less because it had been split?

With any major repair comes the increased possibility of other issues related to the repair work. This can happen even with experienced mechanics. We've all seen it, and most of us have probably seen it in our own work. This is a brand new tractor and even the possibility of compounded issues is not something a new owner wants to have to worry about and I think the OP's concerns are very real and understandable.

If this was an issue on a tractor with some hours on it then it would be a different story.

A good dealer will understand this and respond accordingly. I'm not saying with a new tractor, but certainly with the best and quickest service he can possibly provide.

My brand new tractor had a leak where the dealer installed a set of rear remotes. It was a defective o-ring. They fixed it promptly. But, they would not pick it up. I had to rent a trailer and miss time from work. That bothered me a little then and still does now. I still liked the dealer, but they should have picked the tractor up and I still think about it from time to time as a missed opportunity for them to demonstrate superior service and responsibility. I continued to do business with them until they folded.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #24  
With any major repair comes the increased possibility of other issues related to the repair work. This can happen even with experienced mechanics. We've all seen it, and most of us have probably seen it in our own work. This is a brand new tractor and even the possibility of compounded issues is not something a new owner wants to have to worry about and I think the OP's concerns are very real and understandable.

If this was an issue on a tractor with some hours on it then it would be a different story.

A good dealer will understand this and respond accordingly. I'm not saying with a new tractor, but certainly with the best and quickest service he can possibly provide.

My brand new tractor had a leak where the dealer installed a set of rear remotes. It was a defective o-ring. They fixed it promptly. But, they would not pick it up. I had to rent a trailer and miss time from work. That bothered me a little then and still does now. I still liked the dealer, but they should have picked the tractor up and I still think about it from time to time as a missed opportunity for them to demonstrate superior service and responsibility. I continued to do business with them until they folded.

I agree and may be one of the reasons they folded. My dealer first sent a field service truck to see if it could be fixed on site. When it couldn't, they picked it up and returned it no cost for either. I was referred to them by a satisfied customer and drive twice the distance to do business to a closer dealer with only so-so service.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #25  
We used to split brand new 140-160 HP cab tractors and change the gear ratios. If it's done right, little touch paint, good as new.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #26  
I think a lot of this has to do with the quality of the dealership. Do you trust them? Does their shop have a good reputation? How have they responded so far? If all of this has been positive then press on and let them fix it. If they have been defensive, slow, difficult or, in this situation anything, but apologetic, prompt and extremely helpful I'd press them very hard, possibly even with an attorney. This is not a small issue, this qualifies as catastrophic failure (unusable machine, high potential for other damage.) And regardless of their attitude I'd expect and demand priority service which means free pick up and delivery, rapid repair turnaround and a loaner (if you actually need one). If it is not working out that way, contact the manufacturer sooner rather than later.

Finally, given that this happened early in the life of the machine I would demand a written warranty on the repairs and anything that they could affect to extend from the time of the repair through the time of the original warranty. In other words, your full drivetrain warranty begins now, not when you bought it.

X2. Especially the first few sentences.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?
Just had some 'warranty' work done on my CK27. Bad fuel injector which leaked and caused a hydrolok on the #3 cylinder. Had to get the cylinder completely rebuilt and new nozzle. Kioti honored its warranty....at the cost of $3200. Take the tractor back to the dealer..... thats why we have a warranty !! I live in Downers Grove, IL but the tractor is at our home in Tenn. Where did you buy the tractor at ? I didn't know there was a Kioti dealer near us.

Good Luck

I bought it from a dealer in Peoria.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?

This is exactly my concern. I don't have much experience with this dealer, I don't know how experienced the mechanics are. Scares me to think this will be in parts laying all over! I think because the fact that the engineers have no answer, Kioti should ship this thing back and take it apart. Heck I'm OK with a loaner!
I did talk to the dealer, they have been trying working hard on it. They ran a camera and confirmed again that no fluid has ported to the rear of the tract. What does that do to the rear end? Heck I could have been running this a long time with low to no fluid back there. IDK, but now its sitting at the dealer and Kioti doesn't know what to do.
I've tried calling Kioti and just like I've read, I cant get past the receptionist!

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #29  
They ran a camera and confirmed again that no fluid has ported to the rear of the tract. What does that do to the rear end? Heck I could have been running this a long time with low to no fluid back there.

This is exactly why I would be asking for a new tractor. Assuming there was no damage to the rear end, you still have to hope the mechanics get your tractor put back together right. I can't think of a time when I got my equipment back and it really was "good as new". There's always something not quite right. I am extremely picky on my equipment though. A knob that doesn't engage just right or a fender not quite fitting right will make me go crazy.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #30  
A brand new 30k tractor with 20hr. split in half at the dealers shop, parts all over the floor, no way I dont care what you guys say, I'd cut my losses and be getting another color. Might be an O ring, might not, might be something else with a domino affect that will show up after the warranty is over. I'd only consider it if the dealer had top notch mechanics, and double the warranted length. I've heard enough horror story's around here with the dealer fixer upper's. My $$$$$ come's to slow and hard to fool with something like that.